Search results

1. nigma444

Advice on leaking copper toilet pipe

I have a leak in a copper line from the toilet to the main stack. The toilet elbow has a copper run of about two feet connecting to the main stack. I was looking into the Fernco clamps from copper to PVC, but I'm wondering if I can use two of them, one on both ends -- the toilet elbow end and...
  2. nigma444

Toto Aquia and flush flange

Hi, I've got a Toto Aquia that's about to be reinstalled after a bathroom remodel. It looks to be a flush to the floor flange situation that I'm installing it on. More or less anyway. It's not PERFECTLY level either, a little bit higher in front than the back. It used to sit up off the...
  3. nigma444

Flange removal to replace subfloor

I'm working on a bathroom remodel and found some subfloor damage when I pulled the toilet and vinyl up. I've cut the brittle portion of the original plywood subfloor around the flange. Initially, I thought I would just replace new plywood in two pieces around the flange so I didn't have to...
  4. nigma444

Subfloor membrane questions

I've been reading up on using a subfloor membrane instead of cement backer, like Easymat, NAC ECB Anti-Fracture or NAC Strataflex Waterproofing Membrane, and Schluter Ditra. Has anyone had experience using these types of products? How well do they work in comparison to the cement backer...
  5. nigma444

Bathroom remodel subfloor question

I'm a DIY'er working on a bathroom remodel. I'm to the point where I tore up the old vinyl tile and found 3/4" particle board subfloor on top of the original plywood subfloor (I think it's 5/8", but not positive). At any rate, there was water damage at some point before I bought the place...
  6. nigma444

How to seal vessel sink with overflow?

Ok, so here's my situation. I bought a Decolav stainless steel vessel sink (model# 1216) and the matching Decolav popup drain with overflow (model# 9297). All of this was brand new in unopened packaging. According to the instructions that came with the drain, all that's needed is a 1 3/4"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks