Search results

1. K

Can I manifold a recirc line?

Heating all 3 outlets at once I see as an advantage as most likely all 3:get used in same small window of time. Morning and evening. The total amount of water getting heated in the parallel drawing would be 65' of 3/4". -50' WH to manifold plus 15' to outlet. A complete loop for me would be...
  2. K

Thank you John. Hard to draw lay out. Attic access and on a slab. By cutting very little drywall and fishing through top plate it's very easy to get a path to each outlet. Horizontal drywall removal would be too extensive at this point A complete loop with 8 ' of branches is what I'll probably...
  3. K

Would this work? My desire is instant hot water with the least energy or water waste. Walk up to kitchen sink, hit the switch for recirc and when indicator lite glows it hot. Turn off switch and open faucet. Switch could be countdown or automated, many options there but no real need. Heated...
  4. K

Thanks to all for replys. If I understand it correctly, the capacity of the pipe run needs to remain consistent through out the loop. Approximately, 3 x.5" is 30% more than the 1 x .75". The 3/8" would balance out closer, but I assume it needs to be exactish. I am confused by the fact I have...
  5. K

The thought was 1/2" down and up to each outlet is easier than 3/4" and less water to be heated. If I just tap of main line that's above and down to outlet there's 15 or so foot of water always cold in the branch so a waste of the water every time at every outlet.
  6. K

Will a hot water recirc line work using manifolds instead of one complete loop? Run 3/4" out from WH to central area above all 3 outlets and a 3/4" return. Manifold both the home runs to 3x 1/2" that go down to outlets and back up. So essentially there would be 3 shorter loops. But does the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks