Search results

1. B

Pump selection

Yes, the storage tank is necessary, it gravity feeds to supply our household water and provide water for wildfire if necessary. Very tempting to go smaller on one hand, pump would have to run longer to fill but less electricity to power with a backup generator and cheaper to purchase initially...
  2. B

Pump selection

Excellent points, I was thinking the same thing hard to knock 33 years and that was with galvanized pipe. One advantage of the smaller pump I guess would be less generator in the event of a power failure. My 5k Honda generator is beginning to get heavy for this old man but with 7,500 gallons on...
  3. B

Pump selection

Thank you for your reply, actually they are saying either pump will do the job. At the time the well was originally drilled , I asked the pump company to oversize the pump in case of wildfire. In 2003 we had a major fire. 160 homes in our area burned up. I had given my genny to a friend who...
  4. B

Pump selection

Howdy, after 33 years my Grundfos 16s15-14 pump gave up the ghost. My well was 257' deep when drilled and as I recall the gentleman set the pump one stick up from the bottom of the bore. I cannot find that info now so I can't swear to it, my 70 year old brain skips a beat now and then. First...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks