Search results

1. enriquehobart

Lay off

Was laid off December 5th. Am a union plumbing apprentice. If I wait for the union to get something for me my bills will not get paid and my credit cards bills will grow. If I go non union I know they will not pay what I'm accustomed to...it will be a lot like starting over again and I am...
  2. enriquehobart

ADD and plumbing

I am diagnosed as having Attention Deficit Disorder and it is starting to make the air thick between me and foreman. That air has always been thick between myself and employers. I do not have the money to get a tutor and am not interested in taking any meds. Have any of you experienced...
  3. enriquehobart

DWV systems...a good place to start

I am a first year apprentice as far as union is concerned and have been in the trade (3 years by December). I want to learn about my trade with a system by system approach. Right now I am working on learning DWV and want to get ideas on what I will need to know about this system to pass the...
  4. enriquehobart

Sawzaw safety

We are doing a job which involves the running of pipe to fan coil units. In doing so we will need to cut floor tiles which are used in rooms which house computer systems. The flooring is raised for cooling purposes. The last time we cut these tiles we used a sawzaw. One person cutting and the...
  5. enriquehobart

Isometric Drawings

I have been in Plumbing near 2 years and am in the process of learning about the Drain Waste Vent systems. Can you recommend some books or internet sites which teach proper isometric drawing techniues? I would also like to find some information about the types of stack systems. Single...
  6. enriquehobart

Sidework?

I am an apprentice. I currently do sidework in what I choose to call the beginning Handyman level. I have been in the Plumbing trade for 1 year 3 months. I want to know if I should add some Plumbing services to my current services or just wait until I have more experience as a Plumber before...
  7. enriquehobart

Pin Hole Leaks!

What is the cause or causes? Replacing (m) with (L)...a real fix or a thicker band-aid? Who wins the "install me!" race right now...(m),(L) Copper, CPVC, Pex, or other?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks