Search results

1. M

Navien 240A -- risks of using existing 4" venting?

My plumber contacted a Navien rep who advised not exceeding the maximum specified vent diameter of 3", so I took the chance. Should we start seeing any issues or error codes, I would just plain have to have my plumber back out to tear into the ceiling and replace the whole run of the venting.
  2. M

Hello all, I wanted to return to this thread, now a little over three weeks since the install of my new Navien 240A, and just report that all is well and that there have been no problems regarding the new unit's 2-inch venting being connected to the existing 4-inch venting which was required by...
  3. M

Thanks, Jeff, and point taken. I realize that I'm rolling the dice here and accept that in the end I might end up having to have my plumber return in order to go into the ceiling and replace the vent system. But hey, here's hoping. : ) And here's hoping that's true, too, Fitter. I'll let you...
  4. M

There are two separate 4-inch pipes, and I should also add that the venting is makes a 90-degree turn to the horizontal after entering/exiting the unit, then exit to the side of the townhouse (i.e. they do not run vertically to exit at the roof).
  5. M

Hello all, I purchased a townhouse a couple of years ago which already had a tankless water heater, a Takagi unit which uses direct venting through 4" PVC for both its intake and exhaust. The original installer *did not* install the flush valves needed for regular maintenance (descaling), and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks