Search results

1. M

Running pex for washing machine from main water line vs. branch ?

Hey all, Looked around for this issue but I'm seeing mostly discussions on 'home runs'.. I'm moving my washing machine to the utility room of my basement. If I want to run hot and cold water lines for the washer/sink, does it matter if the PEX ties in to the main water lines (water furnace and...
  2. M

Does this make sense? Water hammer arrester - no path?

Hi all, I'm installing a washing machine outlet box for the laundry in the basement and purchased an Oatey set (48202).. it comes with that box, and quarter turn ball valves with built-in water hammer arresters. I just noticed, looking into the valve, that the water circuit to the arrester...
  3. M

Moving Laundry to basement - help with plumbing decisions

Appreciate the reply! Initial plan was to tee off the mainstack, horizontal run, with vent branching off, before a p-trap and stand pipe, all to the left of the mainstack, and then running the sinks drain directly into the standpipe.. (I realize some regions require a p trap and separate...
  4. M

Moving Laundry to basement - help with plumbing decisions

Hi all, New to the community - appreciate all the valuable info I've been reading up on, but hoping to get some confirmation on how to best set-up the plumbing for a laundry room being moved into the utility room of my basement. The house is a 3-level backsplit built in the mid-80s, and the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks