Search results

1. R

3 wire sets in outlet, still hot w/ breaker off

Ok found that there is another breaker that controls the second set of wires. So I have 2 line wire sets and one load wire set in the box.
  2. R

3 wire sets in outlet, still hot w/ breaker off

Trying to replace an outlet in an old house. Outlet has metal box, and three ( 3 wire, black, white, green) wire sets entering the box. The way it was wired, one black and white going to one set of screws at bottom of outlet, other two sets going to the other set of screws ( yes 2 wires on...
  3. R

Jet Pump Well cap/seal

There is nothing above once the well house roof is slid back. I’m going to try laying a 2x4 across the well house walls and tying a rope to it and connect it to the pipes using a pipe hitch knot to pull the pipes up enough to work…. Thanks everyone for the advice, hopefully I’m not writing...
  4. R

Jet Pump Well cap/seal

Ok, I have the split top seal, but to install it I’m going to have to remove the elbow. How do I keep the pipes from falling back into the well, while I work on them?
  5. R

Jet Pump Well cap/seal

Looking again at my picture it appears the elbow is connected with a pipe clamp so I might be able to just remove the clamps, pull apart the elbows and add the seal.
  6. R

Jet Pump Well cap/seal

ok, thanks. Yea when I first saw the split seals I thought that was the solution until I noticed the rubber gasket is not split so you still need to disconnect your pipes somewhere to run them through, unless like you said you can slice the rubber part also.
  7. R

Jet Pump Well cap/seal

So if I purchase one of these, can I just lift the pipes up out of the well and run them through the wholes in the seal and install the seal or is there something attached at the end of those pipes?
  8. R

Jet Pump Well cap/seal

Renovating an old home with a jet pump well. The well has no seal on it. I have called two different well companies, sent them this picture and they say no problem we can take care of that and they give me a price. Then before they come and do the service they call back and say they don't...
  9. R

Single to Double vanity within cabinet

Thanks everyone, so would it be better to just do this with horizontal run 30" to the other drain?
  10. R

Single to Double vanity within cabinet

I’m trying to convert a single vanity to a double without tearing out the wall and changing the rough-in plumbing. The drains are 30” apart. Pulled this picture off the internet as an example of my intended design. I’m pretty sure something like this isn’t going to meet code, I’m more...
  11. R

Renovation plumbing help

I am in the middle of renovating an old home (early 60’s). It’s kind of in the middle of nowhere and so far have found no plumbers willing to help, so I’m on my own. I have attached a poor sketch and a photo from under the house. Currently there is a vertical pipe into the sink cabinet which...
  12. R

Tub to shower pan conversion drain connection

Is reducing from 2 drain to 1.5 going to cause a significant issue?
  13. R

Tub to shower pan conversion drain connection

Sorry, this isn't a great picture, this drain was attached to a bathtub; I have replaced the tub with a shower pan. I need to connect a 2 inch drain, instead of the current 1.5, but I don't see anywhere here to get a good cut that would allow me room to add a coupler. Am i going to have to go...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks