Search results

1. D

Attic Bathroom Plumbing

Thank you gents for all the helpful info.
  2. D

Attic Bathroom Plumbing

this is a view of the vent that steps up in relation to the crown weir. I am doing this bathroom myself, I am more concerned about it being fully functional and not give me problems down the road than passing an inspection. Thank you gents for pointing me in the right direction.
  3. D

Attic Bathroom Plumbing

mass UPC The allowed developed length from shower trap to vent per UPC (Applied Plumbing Code in Mass) is 8 FT which I don't have. So the fact that the wye combo is not horizontal, but rotated with almost 45 degrees upward does not help. Then I will have to make the shower smaller and bring...
  4. D

Attic Bathroom Plumbing

Can I completely remove the shower vent? Is it better with this horizontal run or without it? Do you see anything else wrong with this bathroom drains?
  5. D

Attic Bathroom Plumbing

I hope I got it right. Once I am done, I will have to test the drain line, should I do a pressure test or a water test? If pressure test, is there any kit I can buy?
  6. D

Attic Bathroom Plumbing

Correct, there will be a wall that I have not updated in the plans. I installed the vent up into the wall. However, I had to offset it from the drain line to the wall using a wye combo on 45 degrees+45 degree bend and a 90 elbow. this was the only way I could get it to the wall without drilling...
  7. D

Attic Bathroom Plumbing

thank you Jeff for all the good info. I think I have to add the vent to the shower since all the vent pipes will tie into the existing vent on the wall on the right ( that round white circle) and this run is longer than 6 ft.
  8. D

Attic Bathroom Plumbing

The magenta line is the vent that runs horizontal only about 2-3 inches above the shower drain until it reaches the wall on the right.
  9. D

Attic Bathroom Plumbing

Jeff, all the blu lines represent a 2" pipe which will have a 1/4" slope for the trap arm. from the wye combo to the 3" pvc drain (orange line) it will have a 3/16" slope for 5'-4" distance.7, then the slope becomes again 1/4" for the 3" drain ( in orange) that connects the toilet with the main...
  10. D

Attic Bathroom Plumbing

I have updated the plans a bit after looking at the joist configuration. I have eliminated the toilet vent. the shower pan is 40" x 48", probably the sketch is deceiving. My concern is regarding the 2" drain going thru the 2x7" joists. Distance from CL of shower drain to 3" main( 3x3x2 combo in...
  11. D

Attic Bathroom Plumbing

I am adding a bathroom to the attic and have been working with the plans to get the plumbing done. Below I have attached a sketch showing the fixtures. The existing main stack of the 2 floors below is right below the toilet, but I can not add a 3" main stack there as there is no room. I have to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks