Search results

1. AdrianeS

Replacing an old faucet on a concrete utility tub

No, I am interested in what you've said! Sorry if it didn't seem that way. My biggest question is not about the style of faucet I'll be installing but on how best to do it. Because the sink now is mounted against the wall, I suppose the way to do this would be to run pipe around and under the...
  2. AdrianeS

Thanks for your help! I haven't picked out the exact faucet yet but I'm thinking along the lines of something like this. The point is that any of the faucets I've been interested in all have lines that mount from below, not above. The faucet you mentioned looks exactly like what I have now...
  3. AdrianeS

Honestly I'm not worried about looks. I'm more worried about functionality. It's just a basement sink. Thank you!
  4. AdrianeS

I'm not getting that faucet. I just meant to picture a different style of faucet than what I have now. Also, I'm going to clean and paint the sink so it will look much better when It's finished. Here are some more pictures of the sink, faucet, and pipes.
  5. AdrianeS

But what about the pipes? The supply lines would attach from below whereas my pipes come from above. I'm not sure how to make it work.
  6. AdrianeS

The old faucet is leaking and while I could probably repair it, I'd really like to replace it with something different like the pull-down style faucet I've pictured below. I plan to restore the whole sink. The issue is the pipes are on the walls coming from above. Is there any way to make...
  7. AdrianeS

How to fix water main supply line

Yes, I'm extremely grateful for the advice I've gotten here! I checked with the water department and unfortunately I'm responsible for everything on my property.
  8. AdrianeS

Thanks for your reply! That's really helpful. I'm glad to know the nuts are threaded on and not soldered. Anyways, I had already planned on calling the water company to turn off the water before I try to take it apart.
  9. AdrianeS

Thanks for the idea! I just checked on their website and I'm responsible for everthing on my property. unfortunately.
  10. AdrianeS

I have no idea what type of shutoff I have outside. If it came to that, I'd definitely call in a plumber!
  11. AdrianeS

No need to be nasty. Of course I could look it up myself but figured I might as well ask while I'm here.
  12. AdrianeS

Thanks for your reply! $750 might be a fair price but it's still far more than I can afford right now, especially if I can do it myself. My proposed fix would be to have the city shut-off the water, use an autocutter to cutout the leaking coupling, install a Sharkbite ball valve, and I think...
  13. AdrianeS

I edited my original post to include more pictures.
  14. AdrianeS

What is a curb key? I've never heard of that. My proposed fix would be to have the city shut-off the water, use an autocutter to cutout the leaking coupling, install a Sharkbite ball valve, and I think that's all there is to it?
  15. AdrianeS

What's a curb key? Never heard that term before.
  16. AdrianeS

I edited my original post to include more pictures. Maybe $750 is a fair price but it's still far more than I can afford to pay right now, especially if I can do it myself. My proposed fix would be to have the city shut off the water, use an autocutter to cutout the leaking coupling, install a...
  17. AdrianeS

It looks like a very simple fix to me too, but I wanted to post here just to double check I'm not overlooking something. My proposed fix would be to have the city shut off the water, use an autocutter to cutout the leaking coupling, install a Sharkbite ball valve, and I think that's all there...
  18. AdrianeS

I edited the original post to include more pictures. What about using a Sharkbite shutoff valve? I also need to replace a couple of leaking shutoffs under my kitchen sink and was planning to use Sharkbites for those. I'm assuming I'll have the city shut off the water, use an autocutter to...
  19. AdrianeS

Thanks for your reply! I had a situation arise and forgot about this post. Tomorrow morning, I'll take a picture of the rest of the pipe and go from there. I totally understand it's difficult to write instructions step by step but I'm pretty handy and as long as I know the correct parts to...
  20. AdrianeS

The plumber told me I'd need to call the water company and have the water shut off completely before the repair, so there should be no worry of flooding water. Unfortunately, I don't qualify for a payment plan. What is the part that's leaking called? You mentioned a flare fitting. I'd just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks