Search results

1. Lockport

Strange Pressure Switch Behaviour

At the end of the day, the water level is the lowest it has been in 20 years. It is 20 feet below the level when we installed a new 4" Franklin at the 45' mark in a 50' suspended pipe. We have gone down to 96' with a 3" pencil pump an all is well. Thank you all for your input and patience!:D
  2. Lockport

I am away but know the wife is still regularily having to babysit it to get the pressure to a usuable level. I will get someone in when I get back to look, but you think it isn't a broken or leaking pipe, why?:confused:
  3. Lockport

No. Ones in the front and the others in the back. The lines are 25 years old and it was really cold a few weeks ago. I looked closely at the floor and I can only think that if the one instance of puddling was from the well, it would have come up through the floor through a crack that would have...
  4. Lockport

Now that you mention it, I had a couple of tiny puddles of water on the basement floor the other day that I assumed came from the area out back wher I have just dug my septic tank next to the house. The downspout extension is off so as to try to save her and there is a heated cable in the main...
  5. Lockport

Sorry Speedbump. Yes its a submersible 4" 1/2 HP Goulds. I don't think anything is wrong with the settings. I reviewed the FAQ and am familiar with the characteristics of the pressure tank and switch. It just seems to be doing some odd things. Perhaps I've complicated the issue. Up until, say...
  6. Lockport

No, not running any water. There is a check valve just before the "T". I think you're right. Theres is probably a leak somewhere between the pump and the house. I hope its not the house. I just had $4000 dig to fix a poorly installed septic tank with colapsed lines and a fractured internal...
  7. Lockport

No, the pump could barely keep itself at 40. Anyway, heres what I did. I drained all the water. I dropped the pressure in the tank about 6 or 7 lbs to 38, which it was supposed to be. I lowered the switch pressure settings and attempted to 'start'. it so as it would not stay 'On' until it...
  8. Lockport

Why is the pressure in the tank taking all day to build?
  9. Lockport

OK, Now the pump seems to be running all the time and won't shut off, yet pressure in the tank neither increases nor decreases AND I have water. What gives? It was 45lbs all day and running and then the softener ran and now it is 60lbs and won't stop. Note: It should quite at another lb. What...
  10. Lockport

Is there harm in turning the switch up? Seems it is a Chinese made Wenling Hunai SK-6 and has a working pressure renage of 20-80PSI. It is reported to have a 10PSI low water level protection. At the moment, my pump is running and the pressure is having trouble getting to 45. It seems to be...
  11. Lockport

Finally found time to check the pressure. Seems it is at around 45 lbs using a $20 tire gauge. How it managed to gain pressure from the factory and the original check at install is beyond me, yet the facts would seem to support. What appears to be failing to cut in with regularity at 40lbs...
  12. Lockport

Well, sure enough, it quit shortly after. I haven't yet checked the pressure in the tank as my good guage is in the truck at the shop. It was checked when we installed it last year, on location, and was 38PSI. Tomorrow night I will pick up the truck and check it then.
  13. Lockport

OK so here's an update. I followed one of Ranchers (thank you) original suggestions and simply turned the taller adjustment screw 1/4 turn CW and both the wife and I got through a shower this morning without having it fail. I would have thought I would have stumbled upon that by now, but I guess...
  14. Lockport

Unless my gauge is wrong, but it works sometimes at 40lbs, while the tank is factory set at 38. Perhaps the gauge is not reading correctly. I raised the taller adjustment a quarter turn and will see what happens with it. Is it possible the switch is defective causing it to imtemittently fail? I...
  15. Lockport

I have a Well-X-Trol WX-252, factory set at 38PSI and a 30/50 pressure switch adjusted to 40/60. Sometimes, the switch fails to cut in and has to be 'started' again. I have seen the needle on the gauge go from 40ish and drop like a rock down to '0'. On the other hand, sometimes it gets down to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks