Search results

1. jfarnold

Rice, Can garbage disposal grind up rice?

Does the restaurant just live with that? Is there a solution to that problem?
  2. jfarnold

Toilet won't flush

A previous homeowner addition? Probably isn't vented properly. Some of these toilets can really hold onto those new polycarbonate perfume bottles and shy of using an inspection camera or breaking the toilet you wouldn't necessarily be able to identify the problem. As for the wax ring, if...
  3. jfarnold

please identify aerator

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Polished+Brass+aerator&cid=3070034388438789386&ei=ziaUTOrJPIWwxQX664jaDQ&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p Good Luck.
  4. jfarnold

Zurn neo-seal

I see failures all the time in a building that is full of these, but I think it has more to do with the install than the gasket (as long as you don't use wax, which is guaranteed to fail.)
  5. jfarnold

Rear outlet toilet install

It should be completely around the waste flange on the toilet itself, and should seat to the flange and fill any space. The mating of the toilet and the flange needs to be pretty much on the money straight up and down.
  6. jfarnold

Help with Dornbracht Domix kitchen faucet

I guess you can't say the name of that large company that people auction stuff online through but I'd suggest looking there or some reStore or something like that. I'm sure there are cheaper ones just look.
  7. jfarnold

Ideas on how to get a 150# water heater into the attic?

I would get a friend or neighbor or two to help me if I didn't feel I could do it myself. I would be afraid of yanking out some structural member through some mishap with your chain and strap. And yes as an apprentice it's me doing it, with a song in my heart. It's just like carrying a...
  8. jfarnold

plumbing cost...Was my Mom way overcharged??

From the industry magazines I read, undercharging is a problem for smaller plumbing businesses. If your mom was happy with everything else: It was done quickly. She was treated courteously and professionally. No mess was left. Everything is functioning better. then I would say if she...
  9. jfarnold

Black Mold In Shower

It's one thing if it's all over the surface of the tile and grout, and it's another if it's just along the caulk lines and spreading from the drain. Ventilation is key, both for abating the problem and solving it safely. After thoroughly cleaning as per cookie or Rugged above, regrout and...
  10. jfarnold

Mystery Fitting

I work for a school system, and that looks like an inline water filter for drinking fountains. I haven't been at this very long myself, why would you need such a thing? Is this for an ice machine?
  11. jfarnold

CI inlet to stack from ancient (20's) addition

That's awesome, and the kind of technological innovation I was looking for. Thanks.
  12. jfarnold

CI inlet to stack from ancient (20's) addition

I have an inlet from an addition that comes through a cinderblock wall. The Fernco (4"-3" reducing) that was over it was leaking at the 4" side. I removed it to see what could be done and discovered that the CI is disintegrating. There's probably about a half inch sticking through the wall...
  13. jfarnold

Advice on vents in old-house bath remodel?

Studor valve Two words: Studor valve The valve can be vented in the attic, just 6" above the insulation and doesn't have to go out the roof according to the code book I've been reading (2006.)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks