Search results

1. StaceyNeil

Oh, dear. Where can I find a European-size faucet aerator???

I just installed a lovely faucet at my pantry bar sink. It was a display model faucet, brand unknown but it's European-sized (had to get weird-sized metric supply lines for it.) I cannot find an aerator to fit it, and it sprays wildly without one :( The smallest size my local hardware store...
  2. StaceyNeil

Do I need expansion tank on domestic side of new HW heater?

(Hi, I also posted this on the HW heater forum, but this one is so much more active... and I need to make this decision right away... I hope it's OK to cross post like this!) We currently have an electric hot water heater installed in our domestic HW system. We are changing to an Amtrol...
  3. StaceyNeil

Changing hot water heater today: ... do I need expansion tank on domestic side?

We currently have an electric hot water heater installed in our domestic HW system. We are changing to an Amtrol CH41BZ. The instructions for the Amtrol call for an expansion tank to be put into the cold water supply line. Our current electric HW heater does not have one installed and we have no...
  4. StaceyNeil

New shower... brown water!!! All copper and pex; what could the problem be?

We just replaced the tub/shower in a full bathroom renovation. Original supply lines were copper, and we never had this problem before. Supply lines were cut and redone with pex. Elbows are brass NPT/pex fittings. The shower nipple is brass; tub spout tube is copper. The new valve is a Moentrol...
  5. StaceyNeil

How can I add a basement utility sink what will be below the main sewer discharge?

The main sewer line exits our 1956 ranch house about 6 feet off the basement floor level. Since we've recently renovated all the bathrooms and kitchens and installed lovely new fixtures, we now have no place to wash paint brushes and other messy things. I would love to install a utility sink...
  6. StaceyNeil

What is the best kind of bathtub waste/overflow drain? So confused!!!

We're putting a new tub/shower in. It will be used primarily by a teenage girl for showers and tub soaking. We saw that American Standard has a "Deep Soak" drain (#1640.305) that adds 2" water depth by relocating the overflow to the top of the overflow hole. She likes that idea (as do I...
  7. StaceyNeil

Toto Carolina yard sale score???? (Help I.D.?) Got any tips, advice?

Hi everyone. After MUCH research I had decided on an American Standard Cadet 3 One-Piece toilet for our remodel of my daughter's bathroom. I just didn't have the budget for another Toto (we have the Aquia III in our master) and Lowes sells the Cadet for $255. I actually bought it this morning...
  8. StaceyNeil

Does the Toto Drake have the same water spot as the Gwyneth? What are the differences

I'm confused. Is there a difference in performance between these two -other than water savings? I like the looks of the Gwyneth (CST454CEFG) better. On Terry's store his Drake model seems to be different than what I can find offered in most places, which is the Eco Drake. I do see the regular...
  9. StaceyNeil

Valve placement in shower- how important is it to minimize elbows?

Hi all- I understand that every bend in supply affects the (pressure? ) output at the shower head.... In our shower layout, we much prefer to have the thermostatic valve and two volume controls stacked in a column arrangement. It just looks a lot nicer in the space. But that will require...
  10. StaceyNeil

1/2" or 3/4" supply for bathroom in far end of house?

Hi all- We are renovating our master bathroom. It is in a first-floor addition, probably about 45 feet away from the hot water heater and water supply inlet (whatever you call it- where it comes from the street). The bath was originally plumbed in 1990 with copper supply tubing running in the...
  11. StaceyNeil

Best way to install bathtub (esp drain) over crawlspace in cold climate?

We're installing a new soaking tub in our bathroom renovation. The floor is completely gutted so we can build this however we like. Below the floor joists is a very shallow crawl space, dirt is only ~10" below joists. Insulation is between the joists. The tub will be a drop-in on a framed deck...
  12. StaceyNeil

Confused!! Should we vent bath fan through roof, soffit, gable end?

Our house is built of thick masonry block. NOT fun to drill through! It's a one-story ranch in Maine, so we have cold snowy winters and humid summers. We need to replace a bathroom exhaust fan before we have blown-in insulation installed in the attic this winter. Here are our choices... given...
  13. StaceyNeil

Help! Bathroom reno screeched to a halt: stack branch too high!

We are now totally discouraged: the bathroom is completely demolished and we don't know what to do next!:mad: Last night we started roughing in all the new drain plumbing for our bathroom renovation on 1920's house. Originally, the toilet was right next to the stack. Last summer when my...
  14. StaceyNeil

Replace S-trap with P-trap or chicago loop?

All fixtures in 1920's 2nd floor bath are stack-vented. Sink curently uses S-trap to floor with about a 7-foot run to stack. We would like to improve this situation without adding a new vent up though the roof or reventing back to the stack through a wall, which would entail ripping apart the...
  15. StaceyNeil

Advice on vents in old-house bath remodel?

Hello, We are new here but hoping you might offer some advice. We are remodeling the upstairs bath in our 1920's home. All fixtures are stack-vented (no other vents anyplace in the house.) The tub and toilet are both well within the distance limits for stack venting, so no problems there...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks