Search results

1. Pisti

Rerouting sink from Saniflo toilet to existing drain

So is there anything else I can do to try and solve this mystery so I can confidently connect the bathroom sink into this pipe? Or am I out of luck? Thanks again for helping to problem solve this.
  2. Pisti

It looks like it is starting to slope where the water is, like as if I was looking at a trap. No, the utility sink has been hooked up to it for 6-7yrs and no issues of clogging. It is a metal pipe going into the slab and the top looks like it was cut at some point before the ABS was put in...
  3. Pisti

Well, it is near impossible to hear down the pipe since all the noise of the water rushing down the stack over powers it. But, I can see there is standing water at the bottom of the pipe going into the slab. So I would guess a trap because when I pour water down the open pipe, there suddenly is...
  4. Pisti

The boiler T&P drains into the pipe that you see going upstream. Then both run into the slab in the NSF pic previously posted. I also looked back at the video when we had the line inspected before buying the house. Right at 4ft inside the line leaving the house, you do see a pipe coming into the...
  5. Pisti

And I assume there isn't an easy way to make sure the original pipe is connected to sanitary? It is a 1949 home and the basement was finished in 2000, which I am guessing when they made the current setup.
  6. Pisti

Ok, so I am clear. You would feel comfortable draining the sink into the current black pipe? If so, would this diagram be correct? I am unsure how the new trap needs to get vented. Would this make sense as long as I am 6" above the sink? If I opted for AAV, I can vent both of them to this...
  7. Pisti

Thanks for the info. I am nervous that the black pipe doesn't actually drain into my main line and obviously don't want to add to the problem if that is the case. As I mentioned, there has never been smell even without a trap. I don't know if images will help, but here is how the layout look. I...
  8. Pisti

There is a gap, it is just a bad angle. The copper stops short of the top of the black pipe.
  9. Pisti

I guess that is a question that I have now since there isn't a trap on that and yet there hasn't been any smell over the years. Why would that be? That drain pipe runs for about 8 feet past the main stack by about two feet and then drops into the slab. On the other side of the wall is the floor...
  10. Pisti

I have a Saniflo toilet in our basement and the bathroom sink is tied into it. I would like to change the drain pipe from the sink to drain into the existing plumbing so it doesn't drain into the toilet, which causes the toilet to flush often. Originally it was plumbed this way because Saniflo...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks