Search results

1. Ripupthehwy

Old cast iron shower drain re-do

Yeah, after I grout it, I think I’m gonna use some kind of waterproofing sealant and leave it alone at some point the piping under the drain which is old cast-iron may have to be replaced but this is it for now
  2. Ripupthehwy

Just an update : I didn’t tear anything out and tiled walls and tiled over existing tile floor . Idk if there is or was any weep holes in this thing but have used the shower for 5 years without any water seepage . It’s built in a garage over concrete slab & everything about the shower is...
  3. Ripupthehwy

Thanks for all the help lol
  4. Ripupthehwy

Would love some advice how to proceed here . Tiling OVER an old shower floor that’s on concrete slab floor . The house was built in 1965. Cast Iron drain not in greatest shape and drain cover is gone . Tiling over will require raising the drain . I really don’t want to bust up the floor and...
  5. Ripupthehwy

Sink Drain Pipe to Vent Stack is inside Exterior Concrete Wall

Just an update if anyone is interested. I repaired my leak ! It took all day but saved me thousands from hiring a plumber . I tore into my concrete block wall (yikes” with a hammer chisel and drill until I found the drain connection entombed in concrete. Turned on the kitchen sink and sore...
  6. Ripupthehwy

Uponor PEX issues - 5 leaks in 2 months. House built in 2015. Need advice.

I just had my house re-piped with uponor. It’s clear tubing with red letter (hot) and blue lettering (cold). The plumbing co who installed it gives a “lifetime warranty” for whatever that’s worth . I’m seriously considering investing in a quality water filtration system to remove the clorine...
  7. Ripupthehwy

There are 3 vent pipes on my roof , each corresponding to the 2 baths and one kitchen . But not sure how I would tie it into the outside drain anyways without digging up yard . I’m Leaning towards replacing the pipe to the vent stack in kitchen, running it along outside of wall . Oh yeah I...
  8. Ripupthehwy

Yes . Plumbers said the old iron water pipes in the slab were causing the leak and so we repiped the house . But it’s still leaking water along the wall where drain is located . It was misdiagnosed. Anyway I like your idea of using an AAV instead of running new pipe to the vent stack but then...
  9. Ripupthehwy

What’s kinda weird is that some days it leaks much more than others . We stopped using the kitchen drain a month ago and the water has all finally dried up that would leak along the wall behind fridge and kitchen cabinet . Yes, There was a drain clog before that I snaked and then a couple...
  10. Ripupthehwy

I have concrete block house built in the 60's. The Kitchen sink drain pipe is INSIDE the exterior concrete block wall and is leaking. It connects to a vent pipe (which is about 6 feet away and runs in the wall behind fridge). I thought rather than busting up 6 feet of concrete block (a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks