Search results

1. Nicho247

Move sink drain into exterior wall?

Quick update - running a snake fixed the problem. 6 months inactivity was enough time for whatever crud was present to solidify. Blockage was further down drainage pipe but prior to mudsink. I did put the AAV extension back into place to prevent air locking.
  2. Nicho247

A follow-up/status update. I did cut the pipe a little before where the elbow turns on that recent picture. Installed another AAV and also a cleanout. Got a bucket of some nasty drainage water. Based where this water was accumulating and a visual line of sight from the crawl space to a sink that...
  3. Nicho247

Ok, have the AAV in place (it is heighten as in prior pictures), filled sink about 2 inch, no stopper/plug. Would not move a millimeter after 20 min. After 20 minutes, I removed the AAV, no water came out the top, and does not appear to be draining after waiting 5 minutes. Also, water is at...
  4. Nicho247

Hello Tuttles - Yes & No. With the AAV attached. if I run the sink, the sink will back up. I unscrew the AAV, and some water may spill out the top. You can hear the air sucking in/out and the sink drainage speeds up. Why would it back up with the AAV attached properly? This lead me to believe...
  5. Nicho247

oh, just cosmetics. its one of those washing machine boxes. wanted to avoid a hole in the floor since the wife wanted the kitchen to be 'open' with little to no cabinets.
  6. Nicho247

Update here. I did complete this section of my home renovation (sans baseboards), however I have hit a snag. I am seeking any guidance here for root cause/fixes for the simple DIYer that I am. What did I do wrong &/or what should I do to remedy the situation? As previously noted in the above...
  7. Nicho247

Hello Breplum - thank you for pointing out that the attachment is wrong. I don't know what that photo is. I didn't upload that nor own the photo. Strange. I have uploaded a new attachment and will check that it is what I am uploading. What is your rationale/wisdom on why to stay with 2"? I...
  8. Nicho247

Hello All - Homeowner/DIYer posting here. I need guidance on if I can move this drain pipe for a kitchen sink and what my options are (in Tennessee). I'd like it go be hidden in the wall if possible. It currently comes up through the floor as a 2" PVC pipe. My thought was in the crawlspace...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks