Search results

1. Flintluck

Can I raise bathroom sink drain 4"?

This might be overkill, but I removed the rest of the drywall, and they are definitely 2x4s. I also obtained a copy of my blueprints from the city, and I've attached the page with the stud layout. You can see I circled in red where I've opened the wall. It doesn't show a double stud there for...
  2. Flintluck

Ah, okay. Center to center for sinks is 32” actually, and I just checked code is 30”. Seems like drilling through studs is the way to go. I can redo my water lines back there too then. Does a double fixture cross work okay so off center? The drain is 3-4” from the left sink and would require...
  3. Flintluck

Just finished editing a schematic. I think I could also do a p-trap close to the wall like this if raising the drain behind the wall would be an issue. This could replace option 2 as an alternative as I think that one makes an S-trap.
  4. Flintluck

I have a single vanity we're converting into a double. The full size is only 60" with the two drains being about 30" apart, so shorter than 3 feet. The plumbing is installed on an outside wall - so it's load bearing. I don't think I can run a T behind the wall through the studs for this. So...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks