Search results

1. Ed53511

Loud Banging Noise

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this noise? Thanks
  2. Ed53511

Help Identify these drains and covers?

Lol… I am sure. The building has a 3 zone, flat contained roof with with primary drains and overflow drains. If you want to stop by I would be glad to give you a tour. In the mean time, do you have any info you could share with me about the brands/models/part numbers/sizes/etc… pertaining to...
  3. Ed53511

Thank you for your insight and comments. The roof drain is 3”. However, the roof drain drains into the trough/pit and then discharges from the trough via that 2-1/2" opening in that drain. The trough does not get backed up even in the most hostile torrential rains found in southern Wisconsin...
  4. Ed53511

The first picture is a drain in the bottom of a trough or pit. The bottom of the drain is threaded. I thought it was brass but after closer inspection, it appears it might be cast iron. I tried a 2” npt/mip nipple but it was too small. The threaded diameter is about 2-1/2" +/-??? The new...
  5. Ed53511

As previously shared, I bought a home that used to be a fire department built in 1960. I hope you can help me identify these drains/access holes to find the right threads/adapters/covers. 1st is a Brass Drain in a pit in the garage. I am filling in the pit and installing concrete. However the...
  6. Ed53511

Leaky faucet handle.

Thank you. Do you mind helping me with a few questions? So, now the questions I have now are; Do I need to add any packing to the Logan Kit? Do I need to apply any sealer to the threads and if so which is recommended and which threads? Is there a grease that is used on any of the threads, or...
  7. Ed53511

Leaky faucet handle.

Update: The rope packing repeatedly seeped through and would re-leak so I began a search from the information provided by Marlinman. So now I finally have the right stem assembly. Some or few (or even one) of the parts were available at many suppliers throughout the US. However, no one had...
  8. Ed53511

Leaky faucet handle.

I purchased a home that used to be a fire department. It was built in 1960. I recently started having a leaky faucet in the shower. Whenever we turned on the hot water, the cold water faucet would leak. I recently disassembled the faucets and went to the local Ace hardware store for replacement...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks