Search results

1. Offguard-2

Moving outside shower drain from dry well to storm drain

I have an outside shower that drains to a dry well. It doesn't last long (maybe 1 to 2 minutes) before the water starts to come back up the drain. My neighbors have there outside shower drains connected to the storm drain that lets out on the street. I'd like to connect my shower drain to the...
  2. Offguard-2

Water Softener Drain line to sewer - will this work?

Here is an updated drawing with AAV. Please excuse any inaccuracies. Santee 3x3x1-1/2" leads to 1-1/2" p-trap to air gap to 3/4" PVC. Would I use the AAV in place of the cleanout plug? I understand that the AAV has to be 4" above the horizonal branch.
  3. Offguard-2

Thank you the replies. Would an air gap located at the transition to pvc drain line for water softener be enough? Santee or Wye? A plumber suggested a wye. That’s the only reason I ask.
  4. Offguard-2

Just checking back in to see if anyone can provide some guidance. Thank you.
  5. Offguard-2

I am installing a water softener on the side of my house. Almost directly below the loop, I have access to the sewer line with a 3" clean out plug. There is an 8" run from the plug to the side of the house where I'd like to run the PVC to air gap. Here is what I've come up with. Please let me...
  6. Offguard-2

Which Clack Valve and filter setup?

Would the WS1 offer an adequate performance in my situation or would you suggest the additional cost of the WS125? I wasn’t sure if that was implied by your first sentence about the comparison of internal components.
  7. Offguard-2

Thank you, dittohead. Do you know if the Thank you, dittohead. With option 3, is 1.5 cu ft the right size? We use about 200 GPD. Hardess of 15. Also, it looks like the Clack bypass is 1" on the WS125. I understand the valve t obe 1.25". Would the bypass adversely impact water flow?
  8. Offguard-2

I'm trying to decide among these options: Option 1 - CWS125 - 1 tank with combined filtration media - 1.5 cu ft Option 2 - CWS125 - 2 tanks, 1 valve - filtration media tank after softner - 1.5 cu ft Option 3 - CWS125 - 2 tanks , 2 valves backwashing media tank before softner - 1.5 cu ft Family...
  9. Offguard-2

Fleck 5810 Discontinued? Next Best Alternative Valve? Clack WS1?

I have been looking at the same thing but I have a 1.25" loop. I'm deciding between the WS125 and WS1. You can get an adapter for 1.25" from Clack even though the WS1 is a 1" valve.
  10. Offguard-2

Should I install Backwashing Carbon Filter on City Water?

I'm trying to understand the cost-benefit of a Clack Backwashing Carbon Filter on City Water. I've heard different opinions as I try and make a purchasing decision. I'm hoping the knowledge here can help me BUY and not be SOLD on my decision. City Water to my house measures: Hardness 180 - 209...
  11. Offguard-2

Help me Pick a Water Softner - Information Paralysis

I've done a bunch of reading in this forum, but I could use some help. I'd greatly appreciate anyone who can provide guidance so I can buy a good value WS that lasts a long time (Clack and Fleck seem to be the front runners). I'm getting overwhelmed with information. I feel like the experts on...
  12. Offguard-2

1 1/4"Copper to 5800 SXT 1" Connection

Thank you for the solution. What do you think about this corrugated line with a shark bite? The reducer would be in the connector. https://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/stainless-steel-flexible-water-softener-connector-1-1-4-fip-x-1-fip-x-24 Unfortunately, I don’t have pex or soldering...
  13. Offguard-2

The main water line has a valve with 1 1/4”. Yes, I’d be okay with a push connector. I can’t find one that I’d need. What do you recommend?
  14. Offguard-2

My house has an external copper loop that was installed by the plumber so we could add a WS at a later date. The copper loop (water line) is 1 1/4". I'm looking to connect the 1 1/4" copper to the 1" adapter on the valve. What is the best way to achieve this connection? Other information: 3.5...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks