Search results

1. TaylorN

Hot Water Recirculation pump stops working and appears to overheat

Grundfos makes a different model (UP15-29) that is supposed to be a direct replacement size wise, but is a little more powerful (+10watts)
  2. TaylorN

ok. I'd guess 100-150ft. Couldn't I also replace the cartridge of the grundfos similar to the taco? do you just find the taco to be more reliable, or do they all pretty much last about 10 years?
  3. TaylorN

Ok. Time to get a new one then because the pump will stop pumping after running for about 30mins, but still draw power. And if I leave it like that, it will never resume pumping until I unplug it and let it cool off. Any reason to get a taco cartridge recirculator vs the taco smart plus...
  4. TaylorN

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I did notice they can handle in excess of 200F, but figured since the water is ~115F the pump housing should not be getting into the 145F+ range. That screams to me somethings up. Either the motor is shorted (or something like that) and going into thermal shutdown, or...
  5. TaylorN

I have a Grundfos UP 15-18SU hot water recirculating pump to distribute hot water from my hot water heater throughout our 3600sqft house to showers and faucets. It runs for 12hours each day and has been that way for at least 4 years we have been living here. Just noticed a week ago that it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks