Search results

1. Mayo

Will my plumbing system work?

@wwhitney I did your recommendation and it seems to have worked well. Thanks for the help!
  2. Mayo

Vent size for toilet, shower, and vanity for IPC

Hey everyone, I have a bathroom group that consists of a toilet, shower, and vanity. The drain for the vanity is 2 inches and serves as a wet vent for the shower and the toilet. This is all pretty standard, but the tricky part is when the wet vent converts to a dry vent, I'd like to down size...
  3. Mayo

I see what you mean now and makes sense. However, I may not have that much room available for all the connections required. Could I connect the shower and WC with a double fixture fitting and then vent off of that? This way the shower has its own venting but then the WC will have that vent and...
  4. Mayo

I'm a little confused by this and drew a diagram, is this what you were describing? Does the shower still wet vent off the WC/Lav?
  5. Mayo

Awesome thanks for the feedback! Is it that tricky to get the shower to turn down at the same point? Can't I just use a T? Or is the tricky part that its unlikely the shower and WC/lav pipe line up perfectly.
  6. Mayo

@wwhitney I have another bathroom setup for the second floor if you don't mind taking a look at it? It's a little trickier due to show the shower hooks up. I'd imagine the wet vent for the toilet is fine, but the shower might be an issue?
  7. Mayo

Thanks for the response, so its a 2 inch shower pipe. That means the distance from the trap outlet to the wye can't be any longer than 8 feet?
  8. Mayo

I'm new to plumbing and installing the drain system myself. I have a crude drawing of what I planned out and wanted to get opinions on if it is vented correctly. In the diagram I have a wet vent from the sink. Would this system work?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks