Search results

1. CommanderDave

Geothermal vacation setting

I have a water to water open loop pump and dump geothermal system. When I go on vacation this summer I would like to shut the water off to the house. However that will turn the geothermal air conditioning off. It would be nice if I could shut the water off to the house, obviously to prevent any...
  2. CommanderDave

Timer Installation

I will look into that. Also what about something like this that's digital, I'm assuming it's two pole. I could wire it direct to L1 and L2 in the well control panel...
  3. CommanderDave

Timer Installation

Yeah, that's what I kinda thought too. I did see a configuration like this, but again how to also make the pressure switch connection. What about just installing another contactor? Unfortunately I do not have Wi-Fi at the location but wish I did.
  4. CommanderDave

Timer Installation

No worries. This is what I originally posted. I have a ST01 timer on hand. Black - Line Blue - Load Red - 3 way (not used) Green - ground I don't have a diagram because, well, that's what I'm trying to figure out. And how I can install it in place of the bypass switch in this diagram, and...
  5. CommanderDave

Timer Installation

10:22 am today Valveman "I still do not understand if you have two pumps or just two pressure tanks?" 10:44 am today My Response: "I have two wells each with their own pumps, one for the house and one for the pond with their own pressure tanks." Just taking out the garbage. Lol. This thread...
  6. CommanderDave

Contactor Timer Wiring

I want to install a timer to control a well pump located at a pond on my property. I've installed a diagram showing the electrical configuration. The thing to focus on is the Bypass Switch (which I use to run the well pump continuously in the Spring to fill the pond). I'd like to replace this...
  7. CommanderDave

Timer Installation

As I keep saying I have two wells, each with their own pressure tank, one for the house and one for the pond. The pond well and pressure tank have nothing to do with getting water to the house, which has it's own independent well. The pond well only services the pond, the house well only...
  8. CommanderDave

Timer Installation

I keep the handle for the hydrant open from early Spring through end of Summer, that's how I used to run water through it with a timer located in the house basement connected to a contactor at the well control panel. The timer turns the contactor on to pump water, and turns the pump off to stop...
  9. CommanderDave

Timer Installation

"I still do not understand if you have two pumps or just two pressure tanks?" I have two wells each with their own pumps, one for the house and one for the pond with their own pressure tanks." "I also do not understand why you don't have to go to the pond to open or close the pond fill...
  10. CommanderDave

Timer Installation

I do have two tanks, one for the house and one for the pond. However, they are plumbed together with a shutoff valve in the event one fails I can still have water flow. As I see it whether I have a standard pressure tank or CSV the pump is still going to cycle a lot when I'm running...
  11. CommanderDave

Timer Installation

So in my configuration the cycle stop valve would have to be mounted at the wellhead, since the pond pressure tank is located in my home's basement, which does not have an in and outflow, it's just monitoring pressure. How does the CSV help me with the issue of running the well constantly for...
  12. CommanderDave

Timer Installation

I have 2 separate pressure tanks, one for the house well, and one for the pond well.
  13. CommanderDave

Timer Installation

I understand your response. However, the pond pressure tank was just recently installed. Prior to that the pond well pump was just in a on/off status; either turned on using the bypass switch at the well head panel, or via a ST01 timer installed in the house basement electric panel connected...
  14. CommanderDave

Timer Installation

I'd like to know if it possible to install a 240 volt ST01 timer in the diagram below. The timer wiring is: Black - Line Blue - Load Red - 3 way (not used) Green - ground This is where I'd like to install it - replacing the bypass switch. I'm unclear how to do the installation since it is...
  15. CommanderDave

GFI Monitor

Here's a link to the GFI. It's a GFX-220. https://gfiwarehouse.com/innovative. Thanks for your input.
  16. CommanderDave

GFI Monitor

I have an open loop geothermal system that just discharges water into a pond on my property. This line has frozen up in the past so last summer I dug it up and insulated it, and also installed a heat cable inside the last 25ft of pipe where it goes to daylight. I ran the cable to an above ground...
  17. CommanderDave

Well Water Black Sediment

It is a deep well, 180'. Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. You seem to be someone with plumbing and well experience so I'd like to give you some more information and background. Apologize if it is lengthy. I've attached some photos that I will explain. I do have an...
  18. CommanderDave

Well Water Black Sediment

This past summer I shocked my well with chlorine. About a month later I changed the whole house water filter and it was really full of black sediment, which hadn't happened before. I then thought back and realized I had mistakenly used too much chlorine in the treatment. I used to change the...
  19. CommanderDave

12v fan wiring

Would this work?
  20. CommanderDave

12v fan wiring

Yes. Each fan has a red and black wire.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks