Search results

1. Jim112

Toilet waste pipe from attic, added to original stack, advice needed

Thanks @breplum - for the info, I thought the work was done by a complete idiot but wasn’t sure I didn’t hire them but I know one of the other crew involved and wouldn’t be surprised if someone unqualified done this considering the info you gave. Following up on it but not hopeful of getting...
  2. Jim112

Toilet waste pipe from attic, added to original stack, advice needed

Would love to get more info here before I undertake costly repairs. Posted a similar qs recently but I made a mess of it, so here's another attempt Relatives added a toilet in the attic a few years ago, have had problems recently with blockages and odors - I've never seen a waste pipe added...
  3. Jim112

Toilet blocked, backed up, bad plumbing?

Thanks @Reach4 and @Tuttles Revenge - to give a bit more info here (and also adding to the original message for clarity) - The large black pipe coming from the eaves joining the horizontal part of the stack is a waste pipe from the attic toilet (this section of pipe is where the most recent...
  4. Jim112

Thanks @Reach4 - I suppose i'm looking for advice and insight on the issue before I get them involved so I can get this sorted efficiently. Edited the post to clarify I wasn't there when previous plumbers were - getting it sorted as a favor
  5. Jim112

Relatives of mine got the attic converted a few years back, and installed a toilet up there. Some local guy done the plumbing - not sure of his qualifications. The toilet comes from the far side of the attic and the pipes travel across the room - and it was added to the existing stack in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks