Search results

1. Serkan

Wye+Long sweep 90

I have room in the joist bay. I can even add an inch of straight between the wye and long sweep if it helps more. But all I needed is that I can use a 90 elbow with wye for direction change. Thank you.
  2. Serkan

Wye+Long sweep 90

I am not a plumber and doing some reno on my house as a home owner. I always see diagrams using Wye+45 when changing draining direction. I have a 2” drain coming inside the joist bay (parallel to joists), this 2” run needs to drop into 3” drain that runs in a soffit (right angle to the...
  3. Serkan

Kitchen sink venting under a window

Never thought about this one, thanks. I guess this would be the code compliant method. The 60 degree looks cleaner and takes less space in the cabinet but will it give problems down the road, let's say 20 years. What are the chances of these vent pipes clogging. Does the vent pipe gets filled...
  4. Serkan

Kitchen sink venting under a window

I have a venting dilemma I am trying to solve without getting into the next cabinet space using longer trap arm. This is a 2x4 load bearing wall. The window opening is 54". There are 3 king studs and 1 jack stud on each side of the window. *No drilling into the studs. I am planning to...
  5. Serkan

Crossing the Hot and Cold Water PEX Lines for Water Heater

Totally off topic but this is so weird. I wanted to share it. Earlier i was searching about “bundling PEX pipes together” on google. This page came up. I read it and looked at your pics. Later in the day i was searching “how to sound deadening drain pipes” and a YouTube video came up. At the 57...
  6. Serkan

Bathtub drain and venting

I see, well i am most definitely going to hire a pro because i don’t feel comfortable doing the whole thing. But i still want to learn as much as i can and design the plumbing routes myself for most fitting way in my build. I don’t think plumber is going to like when i tell him what i want, but...
  7. Serkan

@wwhitney Sorry still not getting it. I think i am fixed on one configuration any other way is not registering to my brain. Lol. A diagram would be nice. Thanks…
  8. Serkan

Help with Toilet drain rough-in

So a kitchen waste can’t be upstream of a toilet drain? Why is that? Only asking to learn.
  9. Serkan

I thought plumbing code is already in Ontario Building Code. Do plumbers in Ontario use Plumbing Code of Canada 2015? Thanks I will download it.
  10. Serkan

Sorry Wayne, I am having hard time understanding your configuration. Can you make a simple drawing? The bulkhead is going to be 8" tall regardless. 3 1/2" pipe diameter + 4" drop at 16' length IMO 8x8 will look too boxy at the ceiling corner. 8x10 will look better. I can easily get the 10"...
  11. Serkan

@wwhitney I think I will keep the green vent for the toilet just for better functioning. Not a big deal if I can fit a 3" wye and sanitary tee back to back in the joist bay. I know what you are saying for the 45 elbow from the toilet flange to horizontal. If I do that I cannot get the distance...
  12. Serkan

@wwhitney Thank you so much for great, detailed responses Wayne. Really appreciated. So drain and venting for bathtub is good. That is for the main bathroom upstairs. The one with the shower is an en suite. Here are some diagrams I made. -The bathroom is 6'6"x 7'6" -Yellow piping is 2" but I...
  13. Serkan

I think this is one way to get a vent in there. But two long sweep 90 s makes the setup too tall and will not fit in 2x10 joist cavity, unless I drop the horizontal 3" drain 2 inches down at the start. Which I don't want because the bulkhead will have to be 2" taller. Trying to keep the...
  14. Serkan

Venting question - new build

I am having a similar situation with my bathtub venting. Trying to dry vent it back to the plumbing wall. I made a thread asking about a p-trap and trap arm-vent setup but not sure if it is to code. Since you have 2x12 floor joist, you can drop tub p trap further down and easily make it to the...
  15. Serkan

Instead of starting another thread, I also want to ask about toilet drain. I made a sketch up drawing of the toilet drain which is 16' away from the vertical main stack. 3" horizontal drain will be in a bulk head on the living room ceiling (9 feet). I am thinking of using a long sweep 3" at...
  16. Serkan

I have been browsing this forum to learn about plumbing as a homeowner. Decided to make a post to ask some questions to pros here. I am renovating an older house which is gutted to the bones. New plumbing, electrical, hvac etc. I have a situation with the bathtub plumbing that I want to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks