Search results

1. Mike Swearingen

What does this sound like?

Is your home on a septic sytem or public sewer? Sounds like a main drain line partial clog in either case, unless you're on a septic system and the drainfield is getting saturated in heavy rains. You need to rent a heavy-duty plumber's snake, open a main drain line clean-out and snake the line...
  2. Mike Swearingen

Softener Media Tank Disaster

Well, I've been DIY plumbing for more than 50 years and had never heard of what happened to me this past weekend...an internal rupture of a water softener media tank that flushed tens of thousands of teeny tiny plastic beads into my home water supply system, plugging up virtually everything that...
  3. Mike Swearingen

"Life Time" Warranty Water Heaters?

In order to keep from regularly changing out my electric water heater located in the utility room inside our home, I brilliantly switched to a Whirlpool 50-gallon "Life Time" Warranty Model # EE3Z5ORD055V in Dec 1994. (It's just my wife and I, and a rare house guest, using it.) Yesterday...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks