Search results

1. Bbillcee

how tight to tighten steam radiator to valve

hey just wondering how tight you go when tightening a steam radiator to the valve....is it normally as tight as possible? or really tight with like a 2 foot wrench? i can put the monster 36" on there and get tighter put dont think its necessary and dont wanna snap something ?
  2. Bbillcee

Anyone know what this vintage tool is?

i think it uses a hand held power threader to drive it? ‍♂️photo
  3. Bbillcee

Replacing part of a radiator return advice

hi guys So I am preparing to get a mud job for a tile floor and decided I should open a cement patch that was covering a radiator return pipe...good thing I did!!!! t\This thing is heavy rotted ...prolly leaking already ...so I'm gonna either have the section replaced from the union to where...
  4. Bbillcee

Delta rough in valve body question

hey are there an user replaceable parts on the delta rough in valve? I had one installed 10 years ago. the tenant broke off the the little mixing lever on top of the handle. Delta sent me a new one and i was able to screw it in. I was looking at the plastic part of the shower body where that...
  5. Bbillcee

New washer, now have a violent water hammer

got a new washer and when it closes the valve after a rinse or fill i get a very violent bang in the cold water pipe...what can i do?
  6. Bbillcee

Aqua stat setting

I have this Honeywell l4006a aquastat on my weil mcclain eg50 boiler.....the boiler used to have a coil for domestic hot water that i am no longer using. The dial is set to 160 and i see a "5" on the differential wheel. Do these settings seem correct for just using this as a heating system now...
  7. Bbillcee

Kohler refinia faucet low pressure 1.2 gallon

so I got this faucet and the pressure is terrible. Is the flow held back by the aerator on this or is there a pressure reducer somewhere?? Anyone know a way I could increase the pressure? I inquired with kohler about a different aerator they said no
  8. Bbillcee

Hot water issue?

hey guys ... I have been noticing when I take a shower in the morning sometimes the water gets only lukewarm. I am the only one in the house right now. It's a 2 family so I have big water heater a.o. Smith. When I ran the sink after the shower the water was hot. So is it possible the water...
  9. Bbillcee

Steam radiator valve question

will partially closing the valve lower the heat? I already have the smallest vent on it as it is close to the boiler.
  10. Bbillcee

Replace dielectric nipple with stainless?

Can I replace a dielectric nipple with a stainless steel one? Will that be ok connected to copper?
  11. Bbillcee

Dieletric nipple replace?

Hey guys as u can see I'm getting some corrosion at the nipple.... I was under the impression this was a dielectric nipple and this wouldn't happen but anyway.....The hot water heater is 6 years old....will i have to replace this nipple? or maybe just redo the connection? if have to replace any...
  12. Bbillcee

Steam valve leak

the shut off valve for radiator is leaking....im gonna fix it just want to know if it could cause high pressure issues with the boiler?
  13. Bbillcee

pressuretrol tripped?

while relaxing after coming home from work I noticed it was 55 in the house! I thought maybe the batts in the thermostat went but that turned out not to the case. So after reading some voltages I found the high limit pressuretrol switch was tripped so i reset it and everything running...
  14. Bbillcee

Help installing a seat in shower faucet

So I was able to get a replacement stem and seat for my 1930's faucet.... The seat threads seem to be identical to the one I took out only when I go to install it it feels like its starting to cross-thread. I obviously dont want to try to force it in, any ideas? The old one goes in out a...
  15. Bbillcee

Central shower valve id help....

this is prolly from the 1930's, the washer screw cracked off... i tried to drill and tap but messed it up so for now i just used a #12 stainless steel tapping screw.....does anyone know the make off this and maybe a good online store to get it...also need the seat as well... thanx
  16. Bbillcee

piping for flushometer???

Hi my house was bulit in 1935, i originally had 2 flushometers, 1 on 1st floor and 1 on 2nd floor. they both were fed from the same 1 inch riser that went up the wet wall the 2nd floor was removed and made it a normal toilet and the 1st floor remains i had the riser replaced and in the...
  17. Bbillcee

tightening widespread valve bodies on granite

hi i tightened down some valves on the granite vanity top, i made them pretty tight, but if try to move them they can move though it takes some forcing how tight can i make them on granite? can i tighten them super tight with no worry of cracking the granite?? i'm paranoid because i...
  18. Bbillcee

Connecting trap to galvanized nipples

can u use a pvc trap and slip nut just like u would a brass tubular when connecting to a galvanized nipple? over the years i always find the gal rots where connecting to the brass
  19. Bbillcee

What are some tricks to tighten chrome/nickel etc pipes

i see some guys use a pipe wrench close to the wall behind finish plates, duct tape around the pipe, what do u pro's do?
  20. Bbillcee

aluminum pipe for water?

can i use threaded aluminum pipe for say a 12 inch piece of pipe to the shower head? the standard 8 in 45 degree they give u is shooting the water out of the tub so i wanted to make a sharper bend on a longer nipple to adjust it, they had something at the plumbing supply that would work...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks