Search results

1. Mr.K

DWV design help.

Thanks again for the quick response. Can you please clarify this. You said 1.5” in one post then recently 2” min on the lav drain. I was planning on having the 3” vent going through the roof with a 1.5” lav drain dumping into it just above the WC.
  2. Mr.K

DWV design help.

The shower and lav drain have been moved into the 3” stack at a higher elevation. Is there reason that this design shouldn’t work?
  3. Mr.K

DWV design help.

Here is what I have roughed in so far. The drain on the right drops at the steep angle but is also vented per the design. Is there any reason this shouldn’t be good? Thoughts?
  4. Mr.K

DWV design help.

I like this idea… I have made some adjustments. So, because the utility sink/laundry drain is not part of the wet vent I can drop it into the 3” at a steep angle. The adjustment was made to the shower/tub here to drop it in just above the WC as part of the wet vent system. This is looking...
  5. Mr.K

DWV design help.

Thank you all!
  6. Mr.K

DWV design help.

In our state we can wet vent the shower and WC through the lav. I am more curious about the drop after the shower pipe runs 1/4” to drop into the main. It is almost straight down.
  7. Mr.K

DWV design help.

Is this vertical drop from the shower line allowable on the wet vent? Or should the wye be rotated to be more flat? If allowable I will be positioning the other wye in a similar fashion.
  8. Mr.K

DWV design help.

One other question. Is there a required minimum distance between the WC wye drain and the other smaller wye’s for the bathtub and laundry drain? I understand that there must not be hub on hub, but can I make these 3-4” long without any trap siphoning issues?
  9. Mr.K

DWV design help.

I see. Thank you for the link! That’s a great resource. So, more like this? And then behind the WC wall I will add two 45’s to get the clean out just outside the foundation wall.
  10. Mr.K

DWV design help.

Thanks again Wayne! What do you think about using this small modification? Do you think this would work? I will still be venting as you described.
  11. Mr.K

DWV design help.

It’s not that I’m not content at all. I just have one chance at this before I pour and wanted to ensure I wasn’t missing anything. Things are coming along nicely with construction and should be ready to pour soon. On question I have is regarding the clean out: Can I move the clean out to...
  12. Mr.K

DWV design help.

I’ve been reading through some of the other threads and came across this statement from another user, “With a wet vent from the sink, my understanding of the toilet NOT being the last fixture on the pipe requires the Double Wye/Symmetric Fitting.” My question is with the referenced design...
  13. Mr.K

DWV design help.

Okay, great. This looks good. Is behind the toilet going up to the vent a 90 bend? If so, would two 45’s be required or recommended to transfer from the slab into the wall vent?
  14. Mr.K

DWV design help.

So this is a stand alone utility facility. There is no more DWV system. In that case I would need both vents then?
  15. Mr.K

DWV design help.

Thank you! I’m curious about this having two vents can I tie the two vents together up in the rafters for a single 2” roof exit?
  16. Mr.K

DWV design help.

Hi. I’m in WA.
  17. Mr.K

DWV design help.

Hello. I am new here and am looking for some help with this design. I will nee to plumb the laundry/utility sink and full bathroom (sink, shower, toilet. I’ve attached a sketch of the room for reference. Also, I have a done a rough layout of the system. Please help with the area outlined in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks