Search results

1. MattSkiWA

WA state - ski lodge waste design

The relief vent is only required when both criteria apply. These circuit vents do not require a relief vent because they do not "connect to a drainage stack that receives the discharge of soil or waste from upper horizontal branches."
  2. MattSkiWA

I too will be driving to Stevens Pass tomorrow! :) Besides gathering more measurements, I need to inspect the mountain bike trails. ‍♂️ With a little coordination, I could arrange to have your favorite cold beverage on-site. Hint. Hint. The current used-beer facilities are named Fir, Pine, and...
  3. MattSkiWA

Look at those straight boards! They don't make 'em like that any more! I've driven the road to Alpental many times but I haven't paid enough attention to the lodges there to know which one that one is. This plumbing plan is for the Mountaineers lodge at Stevens Pass.
  4. MattSkiWA

@John Gayewski, when using a horizontal wet vent or circuit vent (as shown), every toilet is considered vented. The top half of the horizontal pipe is the vent and up to 8 fixtures can be vented per circuit, per the UPC and the King County rules (see post above by @Tuttles Revenge). @Tuttles...
  5. MattSkiWA

@Tuttles Revenge, great reference, and tips about meeting in the horizontal. I had questions about circuit vents that the document answered, including "The most upstream fixture should not be a fixture that is seldom used, such as a floor drain." In this case, the floor drains at the end of the...
  6. MattSkiWA

I have read enough of the plumbing code to guess how deep the rabbit hole goes and I'm up to my eyeballs. In pre-COVID days, I'd take my DIY plans down the local AHJ, ask questions, get feedback, and then go apply pipe cement. This week I called Terry, and he suggested I post here. This...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks