Search results

1. Nmantas

Toilet closet flange repair options?

The adjustable hex design for the win! Home depot question/answer had Oatey themselves responding to someone and saying that it won't fit 3-3/4" but amazon question/answer and reviews say that it will. I probably have a 32nd to work with but it would have been close enough to start sanding it...
  2. Nmantas

Toilet closet flange repair options?

On my basement remodel the 74 year old flange basically fell off when I removed the toilet. I didn't really think much of it because I knew there were at least three different designs of slide in and screw down options to put on a new flange. Well now it is time to put a new flange and I'm...
  3. Nmantas

90 degree double sanitary tee (schedule 40)

Yes, I was confused if this fitting was for schedule 40 pipe.....it has been confirmed to be. Thanks for your help.
  4. Nmantas

90 degree double sanitary tee (schedule 40)

Does any company make a 90 double sanitary tee that is schedule 40 instead of DWV? I see many but they are all DWV. (I'm looking for 3" for the vertical and can make anything 1-1/2" or bigger work on the horizontals).
  5. Nmantas

Cast replacement plan overview

I know contractor jobs will vary across the nation (in some cases drastically) but could any of the pros ballpark what they would have charged for a job like this (from the start of the 1-1/2" to where it joins to cast, 13' of under the slab work)? Like my first post said, I didn't know my...
  6. Nmantas

So I installed with the floor drain deleted due to the venting issue......then I bumped into an old family friend who is a mostly retired plumber. He said put the floor drain in just like it was and it will be fine so I threw one in. Inspector never even gave it a second look and signed off.
  7. Nmantas

I'll see what the inspector recommends. Thanks for the feedback!
  8. Nmantas

What are the easiest options? The 70 year old basement bathroom is also vented on another stack that includes the first floor bathroom so that is already way out of code and not an option (and it is on the other side of the house). Can I tee into the vent stack directly above where the kitchen...
  9. Nmantas

It doesn't matter that the 2" floor drain is within 8 feet to the vertical vent to the roof (the galvanized pipe)? There are no other fixtures on this end of the house except for the kitchen sink that will hook up right where the galvanized starts. The 3" cast is right beneath the floor (I...
  10. Nmantas

Hello all, whenever I do google searches to figure out plumbing issues I seem to always end up here so I figured I'd finally join and seek feedback of my own. I have a split in a 3-4 foot section of 3" cast under my basement floor.......video here if you wish (bought a cheap sewer camera): I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks