Search results

1. AL_2007

How old is your water heater?

Thanks for the link. I agree that there are some serious pilot and ventilator issues to be considered. But I think the criticism against Lowes is a little too harsh. I consider them as nothing more than a middle sales agent. Some of the high end water heater they have are of more superior...
  2. AL_2007

Thanks for the info. I am about to get a new tank from Lowes. They are also doing an optional gadget for instant heating. I think this device works on electricity and is attached to the gas heater. But I am not so sure if I really need it. It costs an extra 200 bucks. I thought this device...
  3. AL_2007

I have an A.O. Smith and found the age after following this link: http://www.rootermd.com/water-heater-age.htm The link also shows how to find the age for few other water heater makes. My 40 Gallon gas fired water heater is 20 years old installed by previous owners. I moved into the...
  4. AL_2007

Septic Tank Odor - Vent pipe (Why now?)

Sounds like a leach field problem to me. I had a similar problem and even emptying the tank didn't solve the problem as it was quickly refilled with waste water. The problem of odor and leaking water near the septic was solved after I built a new leach field.
  5. AL_2007

Caroma Dual Flush watersense toilet review & pictues

Yeah, I figured that out after seeing the video on the Caroma website. Apparently the bowl is different than the American ones and it has a much bigger diameter trap.
  6. AL_2007

Thanks for the advise. I would have to do that (if I could get the wife to approve the bill!). I've just been doing some measurement and it looks like the distance between the two connecting bolts of the tank to the seat are not the same when comparing the American Standard with this model. So...
  7. AL_2007

I am considering installing one of these dual flush toilets. This is mainly to save water as well as to stop overflooding my drain field. My question is do I need to install both bowl and tank, or is it possible to install the tank on my existing American Standard 1.6 gpf bowl? On the Caroma...
  8. AL_2007

Faulty Faucet

Thanks. I am getting a replacement cartridge. Hope this would solve the problem.
  9. AL_2007

Broken threaded end of pipe

:D :D I wonder what jokes there are on Gender Changers :eek:
  10. AL_2007

Broken threaded end of pipe

This happened to me sometime ago, but luckily it was a plastic pipe. I used a chisel which fitted the inside of the broken pipe in the thread and turned it round. Not sure if this would work with the copper pipe. You may have to cut two opposite ends like somebody suggested here. You can use a...
  11. AL_2007

Off & On toilet blockage

I am not sure if this is relevant, but I cleared a blockage in my toilet by tapping with a rubber mallet on the side of the toilet bowel! What happened is that the toilet would overflow every time we flush it. I thought at first its the septic and had to hire a pumping guy to clear it. It...
  12. AL_2007

Faulty Faucet

Hi everyone, I am glad to find this site. Actually it was Speedbump of Pumps&Tanks who told me about it. Here is my query: We have a Price Pfister faucet in our kitchen sink and I found this nice diagram of its layout in this PDF: pdf link Usually, it operates by lifting the lever...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks