Search results

1. K

Hammering / Vibration pipes

Hammering/vibration pipes The sound is there with the slightest trickle. By that I mean when there is a stream less than 1/8 inch across. I am not sure what you mean by access to pipes in several places. The water inlet is in the basement floor. I have a ball valve shutoff between there and the...
  2. K

Tankless hot water good or bad?

This has been an interesting discussion. I have heard almost nothing about electric. My daughter did a remodel last year and they put in an electric that provides enough hot water for her family of three. They have only one bath upstairs and rarely use the downstairs bath. I don't know the size...
  3. K

I hooked up a pressure gage on the faucet in the laundry tub. I have 63-64 psi. when I turned on the tap in the hand washing sink next to the laundry tub, the pressure dropped to 60-61 psi. Is that a normal drop? Is it meaningful? What next? Should I replace the washers on either side of the...
  4. K

It doesn't matter if we turn on a hot or a cold tap. We get the hum whenever the water is flowing, flush the toilet or whatever. But, no we don't have an expansion tank. In fact, reading questions and answers in Terry Love's plumbing and heating advise forum, is the first I heard about needing...
  5. K

We live in an established neighborhood. There have been no new homes built in this neighborhood for 4 years. We do have about 100 psi water pressure on the main line. Ken
  6. K

I returned from a months absence in early February, I live in Wisconsin, and discovered that the pipes in my rambler style house would rap/hammer violently whenever the water was turned on whether it was a water faucet, shower, toilet flush, etc. The noise stopped when the water was shut off. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks