Search results

1. PatrickM

Not quite bottomed ABS pipe

I'm replacing a closet flange and needed to cut back the existing 3" ABS horizontal pipe. I'm finding that I'm having trouble getting the fittings to insert all the way on the existing pipe. Here's my setup: exsting pipe connects to a coupler, coupler to new piece of 3" pipe, then 4x3 hub x...
  2. PatrickM

Plywood spacers to raise closet flange

I'm replacing a closet flange that leaked horribly. The original flange was poorly installed: 1) it was attached to the subfloor rather than the finished floor (about 1" below the finished floor height) 2) the hole in the subfloor wasn't quite big enough so it was sitting on the flare...
  3. PatrickM

Options for toilet flange to 4" x 3" closet bend

I'm replacing the toilet flange and bend in a floor framed with 2x8s. The existing horizontal pipe that connects to the stack is 3" diameter. In the area where I live, the only option for a suitable closet bend that will fit in the joist cavity is a 3" x 4" hub X hub closet bend, which seems...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks