Search results

1. Stu Aldrich

Wet vent sketch - please check

Ah - I see! Hmm, I'll figure out where to add one higher up the stack, especially since I'm the plumber here.
  2. Stu Aldrich

Ah, I see. In this case the turn is near the basement ceiling, so as I have it now it is probably best. Thanks again! This house, built in 1863, got it's first bathrooms in the 1920's I think. Original facilities was a 2 story attached outhouse, with the upper story offset from the lower. When...
  3. Stu Aldrich

Ok, I can see why that would be better, probably a with a long sweep 90 for the turn below the wye for the cleanout, right? In the not unlikely event that I redo it when I realize I've made some other planning error I will do it that way. Thanks very much!
  4. Stu Aldrich

Thank you very much! Yes, it's all on the same floor, and the trap arms on the sink and tub are about a foot long. Another question - at the bottom of my 9.5 foot tall 3" soil stack, I am using a 3 x 3 x 3 Combination Wye and 1/8 bend to go back to horizontal, with a cleanout on the "back"...
  5. Stu Aldrich

I forgot to mention the 3" stack drops 9.5 feet before joining the main sewer line, if that is pertinent information. The other dimensions of note are the long 2" horizontal pipe is about 7 feet long, sloped 1/4" per foot, and the vertical pipe from the toilet is about 10". Thanks for your eyeballs.
  6. Stu Aldrich

Hello - I am wondering if this sketch is correct. I'd like to out my soil stack in a place in a spot that does not give me a way to directly vent it, so I came up with this scheme. Although I've done a lot of plumbing repairs, this is the first time I've created a new layout. I've learned a lot...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks