Search results

1. LeakyBoat

Bathtub brass waste tee to black iron connection, circa 1953

Any suggestions for how to cut that pipe? The tub and brace, joists leave little room. I can only get at one side of the pipe. One power tool I could fit is an oscillating multi-tool, Bosch GOP18V-20 with OSL114C carbide blade and I went at it... only to realize it's a suicide mission - the...
  2. LeakyBoat

Generator or wiring question

That's a mechanical circuit-breaker interlock which prevents both (mains and generator) breakers from being on at the same time. It's for a GE 100amp panel. If your panel is a different make... that is a big, dangerous problem. You added a dual 30A breaker? It might not be to connecting both...
  3. LeakyBoat

That seems best- but I found the tub waste/overflow kits are cheap junk out of china, thin plastic no approvals etc, so I kinda like the brass tee and pipe. But the original brass tee slip nut seems welded in place, steel on steel and lead washer. WD40 and I torqued hard on it and it did not...
  4. LeakyBoat

Generator or wiring question

What is the model number? Generac website I found terrible to navigate and find a user manual. If some appliances are not working, then I would guess it's a wiring error at the plug or panel. You might have missed wiring one phase? It's a three-wire deal, L1, L2, neutral. I've seen X, Y, WHITE...
  5. LeakyBoat

Ok to ground to gate post instead of driving a rod? (pic)

How is it a two-wire 120VAC feed to the control box, I would expect 3-wire. Where did the (incoming) ground wire go? I would say you can use a local ground (gate post) but ensure it actually isn't in dry soil and the stud doesn't corrode. A GFCI does not actually measure current to ground, it...
  6. LeakyBoat

Thanks for your help. The problem is the drain pipe (to the stack) is now high compared to the tub's drain tee, because a drum trap has a way lower inlet than a modern p-trap. Can you see if this is reasonable. There is the brass tee, slip-male hub coupler, p-trap union joint/hub, 90 elbow and...
  7. LeakyBoat

My drum trap does look like it is weeping and needs replacing. Can you please suggest a p-trap configuration. I would use a sawzall to cut the 1-1/2" galv. drain pipe at the drum trap exit, then use a flex-coupling to new PVC pipe? The floor joist makes it tight workspace. I'm concerned the...
  8. LeakyBoat

1953 Crane bathtub and plumbing from that era. The brass waste-tee exit port has no slip nut, this has me baffled :confused: Yet it somehow mates with black iron and that odd slip nut. So there is some mystery fitting(s) between the drain tee and the nipple+90 elbow. I had replaced the...
  9. LeakyBoat

Moen Roman tub cartridges 1224, 1248B, 14571 etc.

Thanks, I sent the pic to Moen Support and had a phone call with them. They are sending 14891: "Moen 1224 Two-Handle Replacement Cartridge for 4997 valve prior to 6/00" which replaces the 14571. It's for older (before 2000) Roman bathtub high flow (compared to modern 1224) and rep advised it has...
  10. LeakyBoat

Moen Roman tub cartridges 1224, 1248B, 14571 etc.

I'm having troubles finding replacement cartridges for my Moen two handle Roman tub faucets. Old part: 14571-6-3 and has the high flow orfice. 1224 has too small an orfice, it is not high flow. 1248B does not fit, too large OD. I don't know what the "B" means. Anyone have an idea for the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks