Search results

1. The_Doug

Drain for water softener on patio

As the story continues... a plumber came out today to check some unrelated parts of the house. their recommendation for the water softener was to just drain it directly into the cleanout...maybe time to look for a new plumber...:eek: Went under the house and did some digging around in the...
  2. The_Doug

Point taken about the difference between working or working and meeting code. Looks like i'll be looking for other options to get this drain situated.
  3. The_Doug

Appreciate your input on this Reach4. if I'm understanding your post correctly, the circled section of the existing cleanout means that an installation of any type of p-trap attached to it would not be installed correctly as it would not be purely a horizontal connection to the vent line. If...
  4. The_Doug

ok..did some more looking around and i have some additional details. The cleanout pictured above is directly behind the kitchen sink. There is a vent for the kitchen sink up on the roof. I drew this diagram (not to scale due to my bad art skills). Would this be a functional setup if properly...
  5. The_Doug

that's a good point about the filter drainage versus the softener. hadn't thought about that. i popped that cap out and cleaned it up a bit on the wire wheel. looks like the major thread diameter is right around 1.9. thanks for the clarification on the thread sizes.
  6. The_Doug

Hello everyone. i'm looking for some help / advice with a project i'm working on. My house is in southern California and was built in the 1950s with cast iron drain pipes. I'll be installing a water softener and back flushing carbon filter on the patio in the near future. I am trying to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks