Search results

1. LilBit

No hot in tub but hot in shower

That doesn't mean it can't be the spout. For all I know it could be that main connection box looking thing in my photos. I have no idea if that was there before nor do I have any idea if it was replaced. I'm checking to see if I can get a copy of the repair from my leasing company to see if it...
  2. LilBit

The noise also only happened when the issue with the hot water at the tub spout was happening. Now that it has proper hot water flow through the tub spout the line no longer knocks. I thought I mentioned that in a previous post but I might not have.
  3. LilBit

Yes they had to change both because my old roommate busted the handle off.
  4. LilBit

The photos aren't the greatest but here they are. The silver tub spout is the new one. The bronze looking one is the old one and what is still in the bathroom having the issue. I took a photo up the wall because I was trying to see what the pipe was and as you can see it is plastic and not metal...
  5. LilBit

I understand that however if there is a problem with the pipe to the tub spout or there is something blocking the hot water from getting through the spout it can cause pressure issues making the pipes knock and it also wouldn't affect the showerhead flow of hot water. So it's not an impossible...
  6. LilBit

I posted all of the info that I have. I can't provide info that I don't know or don't have. At this point I don't even really need more information as I've already stated I found a fix.
  7. LilBit

Yeah that's kind of my thought too. I will eventually replace the tub spout in the problematic bathroom and see what happens.
  8. LilBit

It is not thankless. I have a tank water heater. If the tub was asking for more than it could be provided then I would be able to get some hot and then have it run out of hot water which isn't what's happening. I have absolutely no hot coming out of the tub spout. I can readily switch from tub...
  9. LilBit

I don't know what to tell you. That was the problem I was having and now it's fixed in one bathroom and not the other.
  10. LilBit

So an update...my roommate broke the handle in the spare bathroom. I had a plumber come fix it. They replaced both the handle and the spout. They also had to cut into the back to access everything. Not sure if they had to cut out pipe pieces or not but it did solve the knocking issue in that...
  11. LilBit

The cartridge is in the handle that adjusts the water temperature. The water for both the tub and shower would use the same cartridge because it's a combination tub/shower.
  12. LilBit

If it was the cartridge I shouldn't be able to get hot in the shower either. It wouldn't work in either.
  13. LilBit

No. Opposite sides of the house.
  14. LilBit

It is a standard water heater. I'm not sure of the exact age of it but I don't think it's that old. It looked relatively clean and I've lived there for 2 years so it's at least that old.
  15. LilBit

Yes this is correct. It is a tub shower unit. I can get hot water from the shower but when I try to run the hot water from the tub spout it runs for maybe 30 seconds then sounds like it starts knocking the pipes in the walls until the water is shut off or switched back to the shower. If I run...
  16. LilBit

So I live in a mobile home and I've been here for 2 years. I noticed this issue when I first moved in but didn't know how to fix it. I never take baths here since it isn't a full bathtub so it's never really been a major concern but it is irritating and I've been wanting to fix it so now onto...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks