Search results

1. Wellwaternoob

Can't get dishwasher air gap to stop leaking - help?

Update for anyone who may encounter this issue in the future: The resolution was a shorter hose and without the 90 degree end. Drains just fine now!
  2. Wellwaternoob

Yeah it's spewing from the actual air gap piece that protrudes through the counter. It only spews when the dishwasher is draining. I'm pretty sure the issue is with the length/height of the hose and the 90 degree fitting on the disposal side. Now I just need to get back home to fix it!
  3. Wellwaternoob

Unfortunately not, I took the plug out. I'm thinking/hoping the issue is the combination of the from the air gap to disposal being too long, and entering the disposal with a 90 degree turn. Haven't gotten a chance to test it out yet.
  4. Wellwaternoob

I did try lifting the entire hose up above the level of the disposal drain entry while running the dishwasher but that didn't solve it. However it had multiple loops in it and maybe there was still a slight dip that I didn't notice. I'll probably just end up using a different hose, since I...
  5. Wellwaternoob

I think you're on to something with the angled fitting that enters the disposal! That's quite literally the only thing that I can think of. I'm guessing that end is intended to be attached to the dishwasher drain hose, and I've effectively got it reversed. I should've tried removing it and...
  6. Wellwaternoob

1. The pipe coming through the cabinet is the drain line from the dishwasher, that goes up to the smaller line on the air gap. The larger diameter side of the air gap is going down to the disposal. 2. The leak is a fountain. Leak is an understatement. Seems like it's air locked somehow, but I...
  7. Wellwaternoob

As the title states, I recently got new countertops and installed a new air gap. Previously, the air gap was a copper pipe all the way through the counter. I cut that pipe and replaced it with a plastic air gap, and black hose in the picture. The other change was that the pipe coming down from...
  8. Wellwaternoob

Well pressure gauge randomly reading above 100 PSI

Yep, the upper right is where the water comes in. It was recommended that I put in a larger pressure tank when a replacement for this one is needed, so I can replace those pipes as well. Thanks for the advice!
  9. Wellwaternoob

Yeah, I'd be curious to know the purpose of that Schrader valve as well, since it doesn't seem to serve a purpose at that location. Thanks, I'm glad it is too. Attached is a wider view that shows the entire setup (less the well itself, lol).
  10. Wellwaternoob

The water comes in to the lower right. I ended up calling someone to come take a look, as I was too busy to troubleshoot the issue myself. It turns out that there was sediment collected where the pressure switch threads into that pipe, which caused the switch to behave erratically. After...
  11. Wellwaternoob

Greetings! I am fairly new to owning a home with a well, and I'm a bit perplexed by the issue I'm facing. Earlier today, I had the main water valve shut off for a few hours so that I could fix an outdoor spigot. I finished the job and turned the valve back on, and noticed the pressure gauge...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks