Search results

1. Skhunt42

Need hindsight for serviceability when installing a pot filler.

Loctite on the fixture side? How does that work with Teflon? That’s a great idea. I also thought of it but I wasn’t sure if it would be counter intuitive with sealing the leak. Also, is it safe for a pot filler? I don’t ever drink tap water but I will be using it for boiling tea/soup.
  2. Skhunt42

Perfect, funny because it ended up leaking and I had to pull everything out. I did not add enough Teflon.
  3. Skhunt42

I installed a new pot filler and picked up a 1/2 brass extension to clear the backsplash. Now thinking about it, I needed a pipe wrench to secure the extension onto the pot filler and then into the drop in 90. The extension is round so it needed a pipe wrench to tighten. They did not sell any...
  4. Skhunt42

Replacing cast iron with ABS, no hub coupling or donut?

I'm going with the second method you posted below, thank you guys all for the advice!
  5. Skhunt42

Hey Wayne, I have to run an abs San tee between the 1.5” galv and 2” ci. Do you have the part number for those? Disregard, the post above did not load until now.
  6. Skhunt42

That’s exactly what I used to measure the pipes. Although the battery ran out and I rounded up a bit. Should I find a cast to ABS coupling at 60mm instead of attempting to stretch it over?
  7. Skhunt42

Just flawlessly cut the galvanized pipe that connected to the cast iron pipe. The galvanized OD measures at 50mm and the cast iron OD measures at 60mm. The plumbing supply store says I would be okay with just a 2" (50mm) shielded no hub for both pipes. Would you guys agree with the plumbing...
  8. Skhunt42

Hey Terry! Thanks for the reply. I discovered a post where you also mentioned this but can you follow up with a benefit over a no hub coupler? Is it just preference? After a few days of researching on here I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s more tedious to run the donut due to cutting the...
  9. Skhunt42

Hello, long time lurker and first time poster. I’m installing a new vanity and the drain sits too low. I have an option of cutting a fairly large hole in the cabinet (particle board) to clear the p-trap but I would like to weigh out my options. An s-trap is against code here in California. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks