Search results

1. Krakhauer

Question re new water softener install

I did a second regeneration last night before going to bed. So in total, the system did 2 regenerations yesterday using 10.5lbs of salt each time. Sounds like I should be good to go moving forward! I changed the capacity to 24,000 and set the salt at 10lbs. The system is configured to...
  2. Krakhauer

Ok, so you are saying go with paragraph #2 from my post - run another regeneration right now which will use 10.5lbs of salt? Moving forward, the system will either regenerate after 2,400 gallons (2,400 gallons x 10gpg = 24,000 grain capacity) OR 14 days, whichever comes first. With only 2 of us...
  3. Krakhauer

Ok, couple follow-up questions for you. Let's assume that since my system was installed, it hit it's peak capacity of 32,000 grains because it wasn't softening correctly. That's the worst case scenario. 1. I just ran a regeneration which used approximately 10lbs of salt (not sure exactly how...
  4. Krakhauer

UPDATE Water softener is fixed! Second company sent their lead technician back and he replaced the valve head with a new one under warranty. It's another 5 button display, but it seems like an upgraded model compared to what I had before. The new display is backlit and has way more options. It...
  5. Krakhauer

Just an update... I spoke to the owner of the 2nd company (not the original installer). He was able to find out where the first guy bought the system and they are replacing the entire valve head/assembly under warranty on Tuesday. He thinks the valve is defective and that's why it isn't drawing...
  6. Krakhauer

There is about 12 gallons of fresh water in the brine tank right now, more than enough to completely submerge the check valve. No water is sucked out during the brine draw cycle...
  7. Krakhauer

Correct. The last time the brine tank had salt in it and the regen process ran was about 2 weeks ago, and it sucked out about 3" of water - the level was still way about the check valve. Today I emptied the tank of all the salt and brown salt water (no idea why the water turned brown since it...
  8. Krakhauer

Yes, you are correct, the bottom of my check valve piece sits below the top of the salt grid, in the brine well cutout. The barrel is 52" circumference, 15" diameter. The system is barely a month old, installed at the end of April. The injector was checked 2 weeks ago and it was not clogged...
  9. Krakhauer

I removed all the salt and water. The water salt water in the tank was essentially brown in color. The brine tank is black and a cylinder shape. It's approximately 52" in diameter and 31" in height. There is a white plastic piece that sits on the bottom of the tank, essentially creating a...
  10. Krakhauer

Thank you for your reply. I will take measurements today and let you know exactly how high the water level is in the salt bed (vs the brine well, which you are correct, is about 3" higher. My check valve looks nearly identical to this image you posted, and it is fixed to the long rod that goes...
  11. Krakhauer

The first guy, the original installer, took that injector out and left it out. He screwed that black top back on and said the injector on some of these valves restricts the flow. He started a regen cycle and left. I was pretty sure he at that point he had no idea what he was talking about, so I...
  12. Krakhauer

No seller said it's working fine. I am feel like I cannot reasonably discuss it with them at this point. I guess what I don't understand is that the system has definitely been using salt, as the salt level has decreased by about 40-50lbs. I just don't understand why it isn't sucking all the...
  13. Krakhauer

They took everything apart and nothing was clogged. It's brand new. At this point I'm just besides myself for spending $2,000+ on a piece of a equipment and after shelling out more money for people to come to my house to fix it, I am no better off. Completely deflating experience. Makes me just...
  14. Krakhauer

Thanks for the reply. It sound have clarified a little better in my first post, but the last time the system regenerated, the salt tank was full of water and after the 60 minute Brine DN cycle, the salt water level in the tank only went down about 5-6 inches. It did not come close to emptying...
  15. Krakhauer

Good morning, I had a new water softener installed in our 3,000 sq/ft house a little over a month ago. We have a private well and septic system. There are just two adults living in the house. No pets. Sometimes we have the occasional visitors but a majority of the time, water use is just for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks