Search results

1. Greenwood

Shower sound from downstairs too loud

I would say it is low frequency roaring sound from within the wall. I don't think they changed anything as when I talked with them about the sound, they didn't mention they change anything. If they did, they wouldn't agree to ask plumbers to have a check.
  2. Greenwood

I asked my next-door neighbor about it and she said she couldn't hear the shower sound from her downstairs neighbor. And It didn't occur to me before either.
  3. Greenwood

I think I should discuss about these possible reasons with the plumber next time he comes. Thank you! This is a big headache as it involves the downstairs neighbors, the HOA and the plumbing company. I can't always let my downstairs neighbor take leave from work time and time again. :(
  4. Greenwood

Thank you for the suggestions. Yes, I am also thinking of drywall soundproof as the last solution, but not sure how that works. My preference is still looking for the cause and solve it as it might damage the house in the long run. I don't think pressing the wall can reduce the sound, i can hear...
  5. Greenwood

I'd like to fix it no matter how much It costs, I told my downstairs neighbor that I will be responsible for all the cost. But now the problem is the plumber doesn't know what the issue is and hasn't got back to me yet. I will follow up with him on Monday. The headache is it needs the downstairs...
  6. Greenwood

I had a plumber here today, he replaced the cartridge, but didn't solve the problem. My downstairs neighbor said he also replaced the cartridge not long ago, so it seems it is not downstairs cartridge problem. The plumber said he would get back to me once he got an idea after discussing with...
  7. Greenwood

Sure. I have already made an appointment with a plumber on Thursday, and will post the updates then. Thank you for your help and suggestions!
  8. Greenwood

Yeah, what confused me is that I have searched online and saw various related issues, but no one is the same as mine. Very frustrated.
  9. Greenwood

No, the entire building has just one water shutoff valve. I have a water heater above my bathroom ceiling, but I am not sure whether it is just for my home or for both mine and my downstairs. The 45 dBA is our city’s Residential Noise Standards and Limits, which are currently as follows...
  10. Greenwood

Thank you for all the reply. I have scheduled with a plumber to have a check on Thursday and will give you more updates. It seems my shower doesn't disturb my downstairs neighbors at all. It's really confusing. Hopefully the plumber will find out the cause and get the issue solved on Thursday.
  11. Greenwood

:D will try to see. Hope it works.
  12. Greenwood

Yes, as I just replied to Terry, I actually don't know whether they are taking bath or taking shower. They have a 3-year-old baby. in my original post, I mentioned sometimes the sound last longer, and sometimes it is only loud at the beginning and the end. So my guess is: when the baby is taking...
  13. Greenwood

Hi Terry, Your reply might revealed the reason. In my original post, I mentioned that sometimes it is loud for the whole shower period, but sometimes it is loud at the beginning and the end. Actually, I have no idea whether they are taking a bath or taking a shower at all. I just by default...
  14. Greenwood

Got it! Really appreciate it!
  15. Greenwood

Thank you for your suggestion. I think I definitely need to check their showerhead. I didn't know shower head would make a huge difference. It is a tub/shower. it is loud roaring sound. I am in upstairs, so I don't think the sound is through their ceiling (my floor).
  16. Greenwood

Thanks for the reply. So another question, sometimes it is loud through the entire shower period, sometimes, it is only loud at the begging and end of the shower. Do you know why there are different situations?
  17. Greenwood

It was built in 1987. If the problem can be fixed, I am willing to pay for the fix. I am really suffering from the sound. They shower at midnight and at 6:00 am the next morning again.
  18. Greenwood

Another suggestion on shower head change. Will do that to see whether it works. For insulation, would that be a general problem to all the residents in the building? my next door neighbor doesn't have this issue. It seems only me having this issue, and it didn't occur before.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks