Search results

1. Daniel7

Water shutoff -recessed box

Hello, Does anyone know of an off-the shelf plastic recessed box for a plastic recess box (similar to a laundry/washer box) to allow access for inline valves (ball valves) for 2 1/2" pex lines (hot and cold). I'm using this to provide shutoff access to wall-mounted sink faucet. Although not...
  2. Daniel7

Basement ceiling -main drain connection

Quick follow up for curiosity sake. I asked my question to Chat GPT - Open AI's artificial intelligence engine. Here is the AI's response: My question: I'm installing DWV rough-in for a 2,500 SF house in Portland, Oregon in the US. I'm using ABS piping. Which will allow for better flow: option...
  3. Daniel7

Thank you everyone for the feedback! Some notes: 1. I prepared an updated drawing showing the three options - see attached drawing. This is an elevation view only for clarity. And I've labelled the fittings. 2. There is no concern about maximizing headroom clearance, etc. The only goal is...
  4. Daniel7

Sorry about the confusion everyone. The drawings show only three options - from left to right. The drawing at the top shows a floor plan view, the bottom shows an elevation of the same option. I'm an architect - so this is the standard way I draw to understand something - drawing the same thing...
  5. Daniel7

Hello everyone. Could anyone help with a question about DWV best practice? I'm installing 3' and 2" waste lines from upper level to connect to the main 4" house waste line along the ceiling of the Basement. This question is so much about what is allowed by plumbing code - but what is best...
  6. Daniel7

Wet vent - horizontal->down transition

Thank you everyone, thank you Wayne! I’m going to go ahead and reroute it as suggested. I like that idea. Cheers, Dan
  7. Daniel7

Wet vent - horizontal->down transition

Hello, Could someone help with a wet vent question. Question: What should the fitting be at the horizontal vent as it transitions down? (See attached image diagram, noted in red) Info: 1. House is in Portland, OR 2. Horizontal wet vent serves all fixtures in one single bathroom except the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks