Search results

1. Work4latte

a little gotcha on putting together my storage tank - use marine grade stainless hose clamps!

Just thought i'd put in a word on the other little issue i have with my storage tank. When i build the flow jacket i used a large hose clamp at the top of it, and i attached the float valve lines to a post with other hose clamps. It turns out that a 'stainless steel' hose clamp isn't all...
  2. Work4latte

HELP! Significant Iron Problem with Lots of Supposed Solutions

ah, and that thing about the kinetico and the iron filter backwashing at the same time impacts what i need in flow.
  3. Work4latte

it's about the force needed to sufficiently backwash the iron sediment from the air injection filter. It doesn't have to go for long - it only takes about 150 gal to do the backwash. But it has to be done forcefully to prevent the media from clumping. I suspect you could find a air injection...
  4. Work4latte

I have a well that produces rust water, very slowly. The slow part is an entirely different issue i have solved other ways. I have lived here for 25 years, and i can say the water quality in my house is excellent. It took a lot of trial and error and money to get to that. Here is what worked...
  5. Work4latte

how close can the holes for through-hulls be on a poly storage tank?

Hello again, a year and some ago i posted here and got lots of advice for my diy storage tank project. Thank you so much! I put in my 1200 gal storage tank, with a submersable pump, and a cycle-stop setup, and it works perfectly! I am so happy with it! All your advice got me through with...
  6. Work4latte

Preventing a pump from running when there isn't water

finally got the cover completely off that control box ( perfectly simple once you done it, not as intuitive as expected) and i can see that there is a Littelfuse pumpsaver module on it. I think this means that the shutoff and restart should be happening. So something here isn't working...
  7. Work4latte

it's a franklin qd control box, model 2801074915 there's some kind of wiring diagram inside it which i can't really see but i took a photo of with the phone
  8. Work4latte

so the cycle sensor would be in addition to the current control box, and the restart would only work if the cycle sensor shut down the pump. if the control box shuts off , i'm in the exact same boat as now? that's not happy news.
  9. Work4latte

my pump has a franklin qd control box on it, which will stop the pump when the well is dry. Would the cycle sensor replace that completely? is there a cheaper option that would just be added to the qd box somehow? The problem is that the current setup doesn't come back on by itself, so i...
  10. Work4latte

ok, that works, ty. I would like to align the output from the well more closely with the well's capacity, along with putting a cycle sensor on it. There is a valve right at the well, just where it comes out of the ground. It doesn't have a handle on it, just a square nut that you can turn...
  11. Work4latte

I need to be able to ensure that the well pump doesn't run when there is no water. Ideally, the pump would stop when the water is low, wait 20 min or so, and then start up again automatically. What would do this? what is it called, are there different types of (circuits?) with different...
  12. Work4latte

A very low volume well , adding a storage tank (?) Novice!

i like the simplicity of the pipe just going out the hatch, and not using a pitless, as i said above, but - how do you prevent the pipes from freezing? It doesn't get super cold here (pnw marine climate) but we can have up to a week of temps in the teens. I can tape and insulate the pipe once...
  13. Work4latte

in the picture of the pump on two pipes, there's no flow sleeve on the pump? the pump looks like it would sit flat on it's side and i thought i read that it should have the exit end elevated? and you're just running the pipe up and out the tank hatch? Simple, i like that but there must be a...
  14. Work4latte

ah , i wasn't clear about the blue 'bunch of old stuff' - i'm not touching it. the old pressure tank, filters, and all that are staying intact. there will be a way to send water directly to the house from there, bypassing the storage tank system completely. I've learned the hard way in my...
  15. Work4latte

here's where i'm at the drawing isn't exact - scale is off (my tank is bigger) the pitless is below the access hatch, not across the tank, the check valve is right on top of the pump not outside the tank. Overall though, i think it represents the plumbing parts ok. the 'bunch of old stuff' is...
  16. Work4latte

still working on a workable plan for all this, and starting to accumulate parts. I have the pressure system ordered (pk1a kit), have a valve for the intake (drinking water rated solenoid valve) , have a workable plan for getting power and plumbing to the tank, a place to put the tank, and the...
  17. Work4latte

And here we find where i went off track - when i read '24v' i assumed 24v dc. that's not what those valves are, they are 24v AC, and the transformer they need is pretty simple and basic. thanks for setting me straight there.
  18. Work4latte

that looks like a version of what i was thinking. I just wanted to skip the 24v transformer, and run the solenoid valve on 110. So there's no major drawback to doing it this way?
  19. Work4latte

QD Control Box, Franklin Electric model 2801074915
  20. Work4latte

please tell me more? how would i recognize that kind of a control box? or , how would the external relay work? when you say a relay, i think you mean that the float switch would control a circuit that controlled a switch in the pump circuit, so the float switch would not really be in line...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks