Search results

1. KiviP

Trap Stub out from wal

Hey guys, I have a silly question. I plumbed a double vanity and closed up the walls. My math was a bit off on one side due to crooked framing so one of the trap connections is a bit more recessed inside the wall (3/8 to 1/2 inch) Would this be too recessed to glue a spigot adapter into? Or...
  2. KiviP

Is great stuff ok on ABS pipe

I think I pretty much know the answer but would regular foam be harmful to the pipe or put pressure on it? I have 2 drain lines going into the attic kneewall ans want to seal around it. I have foam core ABS. Just being pedantic and it should be safe on plastic but I was wondering if I should get...
  3. KiviP

18 inch Toilet Rough in

Hey guys, I have a weird situation and I want to see if what I have makes sense. Old toilet flange is roughed in at around 16 inches from studs. Walls had about 1.5 to 2 inches of mud and tile so it was in reality a 14 inch rough in. There is a joist right around 10 to 12 inches. Original...
  4. KiviP

Vertical Cast Iron Support

Hey everyone, I need to add a tee to my vent stack to accomodate a new sink. Current sink horizontal vent arm is at 36 which is too low and I need to bring it up to 42 to be above the 6 inch flood rim rule with my ne2 vanity. Old vanity was mounter at 30. New one will be around 34 ish. I already...
  5. KiviP

Best way to cut this cast iron pipe

Hey all, So im doing my upstairs bathroom and see that the me original plumber did the work from above so it already had a box cut out. It is a lead pipe tied into the CI and I might as well remive it now before it leaks. Would a snap cutter be the best option? Space is tight and there are tons...
  6. KiviP

Converting single sink to double sink

Hi everyone, I am planning on converting the bathroom vanity to a double sink during our bathroom remodel. Mu question is regarding the setup I have in mind. This is what I have I am planning on cutting into the pipe above and below the trap arm indicated by the red line (shown below). Pipes...
  7. KiviP

Vanity drain gasket replacement

Quick question. I have a Kohler bath sink drain and just opened up the box before installation. The rubber gasket that goes under the drain hole, is a bit roughed up. It is a threaded gasket so whoever put it in the package showed no love to it. Kohler sells the gasket for 2 bucks and I ordered...
  8. KiviP

Compression supply valve tightness

Hey guys! I am a DYI'er and I am generally comfortable with plumbing except the 'just feels right' parts. Compression valves are notorious for that. I have 4 copper stubouts in my new bathroom that I put 5/8 compression valves on. I got the Proflo brand from Ferguson. One thing I recognized is...
  9. KiviP

Cast Iron to PVC Support

Hey guys, I am doing a bathroom remodel and had to replace a portion of the Cast Iron pipe. For this piece, I hired a plumber. He came out and cut the pipe inside the opened wall instead of the attic. The attic piece has other stuff connected to it and he felt like the pipes are in good...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks