Search results

1. KiviP

Trap Stub out from wal

Hey guys, I have a silly question. I plumbed a double vanity and closed up the walls. My math was a bit off on one side due to crooked framing so one of the trap connections is a bit more recessed inside the wall (3/8 to 1/2 inch) Would this be too recessed to glue a spigot adapter into? Or...
  2. KiviP

Is great stuff ok on ABS pipe

I think I pretty much know the answer but would regular foam be harmful to the pipe or put pressure on it? I have 2 drain lines going into the attic kneewall ans want to seal around it. I have foam core ABS. Just being pedantic and it should be safe on plastic but I was wondering if I should get...
  3. KiviP

18 inch Toilet Rough in

Thanks! So the joist is reinforced with a metal bracket that runs at the top of it and it runs for 5ft. Basically stabilizing the joist from the top and preventing it from flexing inwards at the cut. But it is on the other side and it has been glued and lag bolted. So a bit too late :D The joist...
  4. KiviP

18 inch Toilet Rough in

Oki doki. it is a bit messy in there so I made a diagram with measurements. The joist is right at 12", so a 10, 12, or 14 rough in is not possible without relocating the joist or boxing it out which will be a pretty big work since kitchen cabinets are hanging right below this and the ceiling...
  5. KiviP

18 inch Toilet Rough in

Hey guys, I have a weird situation and I want to see if what I have makes sense. Old toilet flange is roughed in at around 16 inches from studs. Walls had about 1.5 to 2 inches of mud and tile so it was in reality a 14 inch rough in. There is a joist right around 10 to 12 inches. Original...
  6. KiviP

Vertical Cast Iron Support

Actually, would be ok to run a new 2 inch vent stack from the roof that ties into the existing horizontal 2 inch steel pipe? Not sure if that is legal or not. It will be less work than replacing the existing CI above roof. I have a roofer who would put a new boot in for 100 bucks :D UPDATE...
  7. KiviP

All of my stacks are 3 inch. Only 4 inch drain lines I have are for a short run for the toilet. At most 3-4 ft each run
  8. KiviP

Oh, this is a 3 inch stack so should be a bit lighter than the 4 inch.
  9. KiviP

Stack is plumb. Those are rafters and the picture can be a bit misleading visually. I have a 3 inch riser clamp but there is really not much room to put it since the left side is a bit too close to rafter. Picture from the other side. I am only intending to leave like 2-3ft above the cut. Is...
  10. KiviP

Hey everyone, I need to add a tee to my vent stack to accomodate a new sink. Current sink horizontal vent arm is at 36 which is too low and I need to bring it up to 42 to be above the 6 inch flood rim rule with my ne2 vanity. Old vanity was mounter at 30. New one will be around 34 ish. I already...
  11. KiviP

Best way to cut this cast iron pipe

Oh that is a random clamp i got just to use as a guide when I was cutting. Cut went off a bit due tight space and me trying to avoid hitting the drywall below
  12. KiviP

It is a longer one and thicker gasket in comparison to Proflex
  13. KiviP

So my pedantic brain had me call Fernco :D They told me Proflex is made out of neoprene, while 1056 is PVC (thicker and stronger). The expect the cut to be near square with Proflex since there is a stopper and not much wiggle room for bad cuts. 1056 has a ticker rubber, it is 2 inches longer (2...
  14. KiviP

Thank all for the guidance. I am pedantic and my engineering brain loves everything to be perfect and up to spec and that is not reasonable.
  15. KiviP

It is old cast iron so it is more of the XHCI type. It is 4.5 and thats why I went with the 3005 and not 3000 since 3000-44 is for CI and not XHCI
  16. KiviP

Thanks! Yeah besides all of the sparks, the dust was a concern for me too since i have leaded pipes as well. I know it is hard to get it perfect, even snap cutter will create jagged or uneven lines. I already filed the edges so it is not sharp
  17. KiviP

I put a clamp around it at most it is 1/8 off at the bottom. Should be fine since it is pretty small
  18. KiviP

This the coupling I have. Not sure if I should got with 1065-44RC as it is twice the length of this one. This is 2 inch and the string back one is 4 inches
  19. KiviP

Thanks for the suggestion. Cut it out with sawzall and diablo blade. Took way longer than i wanted just because of the tight space. The cut is not as sqauere i want but I think with the shielded coupling it should be fine. Thoughts? I had ti maneuver the blade so might have cut the bottom at a...
  20. KiviP

Hey all, So im doing my upstairs bathroom and see that the me original plumber did the work from above so it already had a box cut out. It is a lead pipe tied into the CI and I might as well remive it now before it leaks. Would a snap cutter be the best option? Space is tight and there are tons...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks