Search results

1. Rookiekie

Replace galvanized tee?

Yes, I just got done repairing the ceiling. I would prefer to not open another drywall project. Also, I am assuming I would have to install the riser clamp right above the floor joists. But I am not sure if the subfloor will prevent me from doing so. Also, it seems like 1.5” riser clamps are not...
  2. Rookiekie

Replace galvanized tee?

Will the strap provide enough friction to support the weight of the vertical run of about 8 feet? Also, the pipe is about 5” away from the concrete wall. Should I wrap the pipe with perforated plumber’s tape and secure it to the wall? It is a 1.5” galvanized pipe. Additional info: I don’t...
  3. Rookiekie

Replace galvanized tee?

Thank you for the quick reply. Can you please suggest some ideas to support the pipe? One option I am considering is cutting the wall above and clamp the pipe to the stud. Since this is basement, I am not confident in the framing work. Is there anything else I can do? Perhaps something that can...
  4. Rookiekie

Replace galvanized tee?

How do I replace a tee? Please see the pictures. The threads are corroded to the extent that I can potentially remove the tee without needing to cut the pipes. But I don’t know how will I put a new tee in. Should I cut the cast iron connection near the floor? I am not confident how to repair it...
  5. Rookiekie

Install garbage disposal 10” deep sink

Can you please advise where can I buy a wye branch flange adapter? I can only find slip joint tailpiece at big box stores. I have decided to not install the garbage disposal so this is how the drain currently looks like.
  6. Rookiekie

Thank you, John. Do I still need an air gap? If not, I can put soap dispenser as I already have a hole in the countertop.
  7. Rookiekie

Thank you, Terry. The drain is 19” above the finished floor. I don’t like that I will have standing water in the disposal (rust, foul odor etc.). Does any manufacturer sell a disposal or flange that can help in this situation by raising the disposal by an in inch or so? If not then I might just...
  8. Rookiekie

My kitchen remodel is almost complete and I just realized that I have a big problem on my hands. I have a 10” undermount sink. It is NOW very clear to me that the wall outlet is too high to accommodate a garbage disposal. Am I just better off not installing the garbage disposal at this point? I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks