Search results

1. GuitsBoy

Irrigation causing water hammer, where to put PRV?

Yeah, youre probably right, but I dont have a plug at the moment, and its all nice and leak free, so I'm reluctant to try and do anything now. However as a test, I ran a facet in the bathroom at low to medium flow to make sure the PRV was not completely sealed shut, then I cycled the sprinkler...
  2. GuitsBoy

Water hammer appears to be 95% fixed! But I have bad news.... I can't positively state which one did it. With the way irrigation branches off the main line after the meter, it made more sense to cut both lines at once, rather than try to wrestle and bend the copper, or stress the...
  3. GuitsBoy

OK, I can try the two separately easily enough... The 3/4" sioux chief hammer arrestor came in yesterday, and its a monster compared to the little washing machine sized arrestor. I'm suddenly feeling more optimistic about it. Ill report back with my results.
  4. GuitsBoy

Yes. It fluctuates slightly over the course of the day, but measured at the hose bib, its normally in the 76 to 80 range. We have noticeable lower pressures in the early morning while everyone in the neighborhood is showering and sprinklers are going. I supposed this is because we are at the...
  5. GuitsBoy

Thanks, I have briefly considered this since I thought I had an old expansion tank laying around, however I just cant seem to find it. The watts PRV that I purchased has a backwards flow valve, so no expansion tank is needed. Water can simply flow back into the city water system from the...
  6. GuitsBoy

My understanding is that the supply water bleeds from the bottom of the diaphragm to the top of the diaphragm, and the larger surface area of the top chamber will push the diaphragm to the closed position. The solenoid opens to bleed off pressure on the top of the diaphragm (or opening the...
  7. GuitsBoy

Are the solenoids themselves slow closing? Or the entire valves? The valves are dug into the ground, and replacing teh whole thing seems like a much bigger job than I'd want to take on right now. The valves are irritrol 205s valves which I replaced the diaphragms in a few years ago. If I...
  8. GuitsBoy

Yes, I do understand that. The service entrance is 3/4 inch copper from the street, maybe 75 feet, and goes directly into the basement and meter. From there it Tees off one leg going to the irrigation, and the other leg feeding the rest of the house fixtures. When the sprinkler valves...
  9. GuitsBoy

Hello all - I have a late 60's early 70's colonial, and over the last 2 to 3 years, Ive developed severe water hammer from the irrigation system closing zone valves. I've done my best to secure the pipe hander and strapping everywhere I have access to, and have opened a few walls to try to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks