Search results

1. Tudorrenovator

Can I run 1” pex-b re-circulation loop with 1/2” branches to each fixture if within 10’ of 1”? Or should I run 3/4” branches to each fixture?

I’m running a 1 inch recirculating loop to 3.5 bathrooms,. Should I run a 1/2” branches off that 1 inch line to each fixture, as they are all within 10 feet of the 1 inch line? Or, should I run 3/4” inch branches to each fixture and step down to 1/2” at the connection?
  2. Tudorrenovator

Recirculating pump log run question

Ok- I guess what I’m asking is is it worth running the 1” loop up to the 3rd floor and back down, or just run 3/4” lines off the loop in the basement to the 3rd floor as a branch only?
  3. Tudorrenovator

So for that right side run up to the 3rd floor, run ma 3/4” branch off the main 1” loop up to the one bathroom up there, but keep the remaining loop at 1” since it will service 2.5 baths on the left hand side? The main loop return would be 3/4” - like the layout below?
  4. Tudorrenovator

Installing a recirculating pump for hot water, but I have a run from the basement to the 3rd floor on the right- do I need to go up and down with an 1” line or can I just have a 1” branch go off the loop to that floor?
  5. Tudorrenovator

Looking for a gut check on pro plumbers work- photos!

Thanks- the elbow with side tap is also for venting, does that hep?
  6. Tudorrenovator

Looking for a gut check on pro plumbers work- photos!

Everyone, I submitted some diagrams a while ago about a renovation, and you were all gave me some great advice. I submitted the plans, and they were approved. Then I hired a pro plumber to come in, he basically scrapped the plans and started over. Can you take a look at these photos and let me...
  7. Tudorrenovator

Venting side by side bathrooms, and another bathroom a floor below

Thank you, really appreciate it. You are Correct on the wye I need to update the the chart. I’m taking this all in and will provide an update soon.
  8. Tudorrenovator

Here the lavs would be venting right off the sanitee after the trap, dry venting to the roof. Is that sufficient?
  9. Tudorrenovator

Wayne, I updated my drawing, could you take a look? Is the lav 1.5” cent enough to vent the bathroom 2 group at the the top left? Is the position after the wc on the horizontal drain ok? I believe the 1/2 bath layout is now properly vented? For bath group 1 in the top right, the lav and...
  10. Tudorrenovator

Thoughts on how this old home was plainsong with this method?

In another forum some were saying that if the drain line comes all the way down and ties into the vent stack below the lowest fixture, that is allowed? It didn’t make sense to me but I think that’s what they were going for here? Terry Love's example of two story plumbing
  11. Tudorrenovator

Thanks. I posted a new thread about how the original home was plumbed, not sure how they managed to make it work?: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/thoughts-on-how-this-old-home-was-plainsong-with-this-method.99637/
  12. Tudorrenovator

Thoughts on how this old home was plainsong with this method?

100 year old house, but high end for its time. 2 full baths on the 2nd floors, one 1/2 Bath on the first floor. The layout was 4” cast iron, servicing all the bathrooms and fixtures, with no venting except where the waste line comes into the basement, ties in below a 4” vent stack that goes to...
  13. Tudorrenovator

Would adding in a 2” wet vent to the lav below the toilet connection be up to code for venting the toilet?

Thanks! I’ll post a new thread about the original layout of the plumbing, since that’s a slightly different topic. I found an interesting photo and would like some feedback
  14. Tudorrenovator

Would adding in a 2” wet vent to the lav below the toilet connection be up to code for venting the toilet?

That’s a tough condition to visualize. So the combo approach you mentioned above works because both the wc and lav inputs are both horizontal, and the sanitee option works because the outlet is vertical?
  15. Tudorrenovator

Ok, I’ll get out sawzall. Just to confirm the vent coming out from above the lav trap needs to be 2”, not 1.5” since it’s only servicing the lav and WC?
  16. Tudorrenovator

You mean go above the existing wc connections? Or do you mean drop The toilet pipe down into wye and have the 2” wet vent come in from the end?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks