Search results

1. Niloc75

water pooling around under-slab tub/shower drain (but not above):

Hello all. I've got a roughed-in bathroom in my unfinished Seattle basement. We've had a lot of rain the last few days (so called "atmospheric river"), which we experience 1 or 2 times/year. I noticed yesterday that the dirt around my under-slab tub/shower drain was moist. Today, after much more...
  2. Niloc75

Main sewer line with more than 1/4 pitch...

1/4 inch slope and one wet vent for all 3 makes this job a lot less complicated. Should've just stuck with Tuttle and company from the get-go. Thanks guys
  3. Niloc75

Thanks. I've been getting conflicting info on this. I was told specifically, in another forum, that the wet vent (and all dry vents) needs to "maintain min. 45 degree angle or go vertical". I was also told that the tub drain should connect from 45 degrees above. Sounds like this was not correct.
  4. Niloc75

Thanks Wayne. What's your take on the tub vent? Does it need it's own vent, or can it share the wet vent with the toilet and sink? There's been some disagreement on this.. Also, I'm dealing with soft, easily compacted dirt with some clay (and a lot of it). Would you still buy a bunch of sand...
  5. Niloc75

Hey there. Need to check on one more thing... For the sink/toilet wet vent and the tub vent, I've assumed that it needs to be rolled to a 45 degree pitch above the toilet drain. But do I need to maintain that 45 degree pitch all the way to the wall, before it goes vertical? Or is it ok to...
  6. Niloc75

Thanks everybody, super helpful. I've checked the trap arm lengths and distance to main, they are compliant. ............................................ some follow-up questions: --So just so I'm clear, the dedicated tub/shower vent is not necessary, because the upstream lav/toilet vent will...
  7. Niloc75

Here's the latest design. Note: black for drains, gray for vents. Any potential problems here? thanks again--
  8. Niloc75

Thanks, good to know. How much slope should I use for trap arms? Are you Ok with this design, from a venting standpoint?
  9. Niloc75

Thanks Tuttle. This below diagram is a better example of how we were planning on having this installed. I was under the impression that the tub/shower combo (on the left) does not need a separate vent if it's located less than 5 feet away. But I've read a lot of your posts, and definitely trust...
  10. Niloc75

And one more question: the attached pic is pretty close to how the basement bathroom drains will be installed under the slab. Do you have any (code violations or otherwise) concerns about this design? (Note: the tub will connect to drain from about 4 feet away). Much appreciated--
  11. Niloc75

Thanks guys. What's this stuff I've been told about "water outrunning the shit" if the pitch is too steep? Is that just B.S.?
  12. Niloc75

Greetings. I had a plumber re-route the horizontal portion of main sewer line under the slab, but noticed that the pitch is more than 1/4"/foot. My guess is that it's closer to 1/2"/foot. Is this a problem? Everything I've read says 1/4 or less, but given that this horizontal portion does a 90...
  13. Niloc75

What's going on with my sewer drain?

I've decided to change the work order with Pioneer, and wanted to get feedback from this forum. Instead of installing dual clean-outs at NE corner of sewer, I'm proposing that we abandon the sewer line on east side of house entirely, and install one cleanout (or maybe two?) on the North side of...
  14. Niloc75

By the way, the price from Pioneer was ~$5400, including permits and sales tax. The work order is: 1) excavate approx 7' down at NE corner of house and install a dual cleanout 2) hydrojet to remove the blockage, which is approx 80 feet from basement cleanout 3) once blockage removed...
  15. Niloc75

Pioneer came out today, and they had the best price (at least for the initial portion of the work). Thanks for the recommendation. I got 3 estimates in total. One was in the Pioneer price range, the other, from "2 sons plumbing", was almost twice as high for the exact same work order. Seems to...
  16. Niloc75

Nope. Are you recommending them based on our pricing discussion in this thread?
  17. Niloc75

Thanks. I found the company you mentioned, called them, and heard a lot of hemming & hawing when I brought up the $85 to $125/foot pricing. So that might be a load of B.S./bait & switch strategy :) Anyway, it's free to have them stop by, so I'm going to do that on Wednesday and prepare to send...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks