Search results

1. Johnr981

Adding laundry sink

Got it. I will verify if there is a trap before I do anything else, but I bet there is one under the slab. I did find out that my city adheres by the IRC. That being said, I am inferring that there would not have been a requirement in the IRC at the time the house was built to place the trap...
  2. Johnr981

Adding laundry sink

Thanks again for the replies. I have never smelled any sewer gases, so based on what y’all are telling me there must be a trap for the washing machine below the slab. We have been in the house since 2018 and the floor was like that when we bought the house. We were told that there had been a...
  3. Johnr981

Adding laundry sink

Interesting. Ok, well should I check to see if there is a trap under the slab before I add a one in the wall, or does that even matter? Thanks again.
  4. Johnr981

Adding laundry sink

Thanks Terry. Was this a common setup for just a washing machine in the late 1980s? Would it have passed code back then?
  5. Johnr981

Adding laundry sink

Hey all, I want to add a laundry sink to our utility room. I was planning on tapping into the existing plumbing for the washing machine. The utility room shares a wall with the garage so I went ahead and opened up the wall from the garage side to see what it all looked like. I found that the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks