Search results

1. Pipewrenched

Pressure tank overcharging

Maybe I misspoke, is a check valve the same as backflow valve? I have one of those right before the pressure switch and one about half way down in the well line. I inquired about the CSV but it won't work with my system due to the high backpressure, calculated to be around 248psi. My well line...
  2. Pipewrenched

@Valveman I like this... makes sense. Does this require a special variable speed pump ?
  3. Pipewrenched

Thanks, great explanation. I have not noticed any air coming out of faucets. Our well is 600' and we just had it all pulled out to replace the wiring that was rubbed through. Figured might as well replace the pump while it's out. That was about 3 weeks ago. Very plausible one of the check valves...
  4. Pipewrenched

Interesting. Does the water get stuck on the air side then? When I drain the water from the tank to reset the pressure, almost nothing comes out. I've let air out at least 10 times now and then it starts short cycling the pump shortly after use. I drain the water and the empty tank pressure is...
  5. Pipewrenched

Gotcha. How does that introduce air into the tank, or am I not understanding? I just lowered the air again now. When I turn the well back on it fills up and hits the cutoff almost within 30 seconds, it can't possibly fill up that quick? When I tap on the tank it sounds normal, hollow at the...
  6. Pipewrenched

Thanks, so that is in the tank?
  7. Pipewrenched

Hi all. I have a few year old WellXTroll WX250 and a 40/60 switch. My submersible pump was short cycling so I did some simple tests of shutting the pump off, draining the tank and checking the pressure. It was at 60+. And when I drained the tank, it took about 30 seconds, so there's no way it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks