Search results

1. Qutrit

Pentair fleck 5800 XTR2 no-flow alert

Hello, every time I go away (whether I shut off the water or not) for more than a week the softener starts playing an alarm (intermitent sound) and displays a warning window. If left like that for about 3 weeks the softener becomes unresponsive and needs to be hard reset. Is there any way to...
  2. Qutrit

Uneven salt distribution in brine tank

Hello, Just wondering if this is normal after every renewing cycle of my softener. The salt is only being spent close to the brine tower. I typically redistribute it with a spoon but I was wondering if this is normal and even if i can leave it on its own until need to add more salt. this...
  3. Qutrit

Pentair fleck 5800 XTR2 won’t start (help!)

Hello, I went away for three weeks (shut off water) and now that I’m back the screen of my softener controller is black abs won’t turn on. Power cycling does nothing to it. Any idea what I can try? Thanks a lot in advance!
  4. Qutrit

Small hardness leakage for the first 2-5 gallons after regeneration

Hello, I’m observing something really strange: my softener arrives to the end of the regeneration cyclle with no hardness leakage at all (measured at 0 gpg). However after a regeneration cycle, the first 2-5 gallons register 2gpg to fall again to 0 gpg after that remaining as such until end of...
  5. Qutrit

Fleck 5800 turbine not measuring water flow below 0.2gpm (humidifier uses that)

Hello, I am having a problem with my softener not registering flow below 0.2gpm. In particular my whole house humidifier is connected to softened water and uses less than that and consumes soft water without it being registered by the Fleck control unit. Is this a defective turbine? or is it...
  6. Qutrit

Hardness leakage at the end of my cycle with new softener question about settings

Hello I am experiencing hardness leak at the end of the cycle (when there are about 70 gallons left before reserve) and I was trying to readjust the settings of my Pentair Fleck 5800XTR2 to readjust to avoid this. Since the softener is new, my water doesn't have iron and it's from the city...
  7. Qutrit

Pros and cons of longer draw/slow rinse, backwash and rapid rinse duration

hello! I’m a new softener user and I, finding this forum extremely educational. I‘m having a bit of a hard time reconciling the settings that the technician who installed my water softener set versus the recommended settings the same company recommends for the same model of softener. this is an...
  8. Qutrit

Help with settings Pentair 5800 XTR2

Hello! I have recently installed a new water softener and and the installer had to replace the controller because of a faulty touchscreen. The problem I have is that I had two different technicians that actually input two different and very different settings for my system and I am a bit...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks